Can I join the Poulan C.V. club now

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ax-man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
For years I read how good these saws are from the guys who have them. I finally got ahold of one and plan on getting it running just to see for myself how good these old Poulans are to cut with. After waiting and hunting for years one showed up finally in my own backyard. Someone 's relative died that owned a small engine shop . One of the heirs brought back a pick-up load of saws of mostly older Husky's, J -Reds and some 925 Homelites along with this Poulan 3700. It didn't take long for the word to spread among the chainsaw guys in the area to come and get these saws before they went on line to be sold .

I haven't dove it my new to me Poulan all the way but so far so good . Piston and cylinder is in much better shape than I thought it would be which is the main thing to me. The saw doesn't have spark but the plug looked good and normal for a saw in good running condition. The anti- vibe rubber is good shape and so far it has been easy to start tearing it down . I think I'll have a winner with a little TLC.

I don't know how much cutting duty this saw is going to get but I am definitely on the look out for a bow bar now for this saw just to add to my little collection of bow bar saws which will make it a little more valuable. At least to me it will anyway.

Attachments

• DSCN2097.JPG
    DSCN2097.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 26
  • DSCN2098.JPG
    DSCN2098.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 25
My 3.7 in some willow wood this past weekend
85b945b138005a7944676cd500ba6e8c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an array of these saws, green,red & gray. Bought them all pretty cheap and just have to get a couple of them running. The one I was using ran great but think it needs a carb kit.

Modified Mark gave me a slightly altered 3700, I really enjoyed cutting with that saw but now I just like to keep it on the shelf with the others.

View attachment 759776

View attachment 759777

Since that photo I have also added a 4900, what a nice saw as well.

Mark
Hope you can leave one of your Macs at home and bring your 5400 to Bob's GTG in 2020 so my 5200 will have company.
dscn5850-jpg.683023

Latest posts

Back