Cold Enough?? What's your temperature today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going down to -31 tonight.. I'm trying to burn off the coals rigth now so I can load up the stove before I go to bed.. I might have to get up tonight and throw on some more wood.

36 here right now that's about 10 degrees warmer than its been for over a week :msp_smile:

[video=youtube;IPKs2Quk6Ts]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPKs2Quk6Ts[/video]

-22 and they say the wind chill is -35 -- had to put out the garbage this am and I believe them.

-22 and they say the wind chill is -35 -- had to put out the garbage this am and I believe them.

To me, that is crazy. It's 6 here this morning and its freezing. Are you guys in the sub arctic zone used to this? I assume you are, but can't imagine being the guy hangin off the back of the garbage truck when its -35*.

Hit 65 yesterday, 61 today, going to start raining tonight.

Must make it a little tough to go Ice Fishing.. :laugh:

Yesterday it got down to -21F below with wind chills around -34

Today it was 3 above at 5:00 AM. I went out to warm up the car for the wife and ran outside in my undies and a T-shirt.. Didn't even need a jacket on. This cold snap is just about over.

Must make it a little tough to go Ice Fishing.. :laugh:

Yesterday it got down to -21F below with wind chills around -34

Today it was 3 above at 5:00 AM. I went out to warm up the car for the wife and ran outside in my undies and a T-shirt.. Didn't even need a jacket on. This cold snap is just about over.

Those from foreign climates will never ever understand us guys! Now they're gonna think we are all nuts! Probably hard to argue with em on that.:D At least you "ran" out, ya didn't walk. Maybe, just maybe, they won't think you've totally lost it!

Ted

8f now heading to 13 just seen on the weather channel 40 and rain next week :bang:

is this the Arctic blast that was posted about two weeks ago

46 with a high of 66. low of 51 :msp_biggrin:

We did get a nice snow last week....

46 with a high of 66. low of 51 :msp_biggrin:

We did get a nice snow last week....

Yes, I posted that story, the weather guessers said there was going to be an arctic collapse and shoot wicked cold air down around this time frame. Off a little bit in their timing but it happened.

Those from foreign climates will never ever understand us guys! Now they're gonna think we are all nuts! Probably hard to argue with em on that.:D At least you "ran" out, ya didn't walk. Maybe, just maybe, they won't think you've totally lost it!

Ted

Yeah, we're nuts. I'm OK with that. Heck, I stand outside in shorts, tshirt and a pair of old tennies every morning when the dog has to go out and do her business. Usually, we spend about 5 minutes playing frisbee before she's ready to come back in. It's the least I can do, and besides it feels GOOD to warm up by the stove after.

Half the time I leave the door open, try that with a gas furnace!

Tropical here today, 15°F on the thermometer right now. It's not gonna last long though, headed back to cold tonight for the next couple days.

Back