Cold natured 405

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOGBEAR

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a Poulan Pro 405 Plus which I am using more since my father burn up my other saw so this one had to come back out. But I dont remenber it being so cold natured, sometimes it doesn't want to start once it sat. Any advice on what to try.

I had one of those as a "backup saw". (In case my regular saw was not working.) And then a friend started helping me do some cutting and tried actually using that saw...

I spent more time trying to get the thing running than it actually ran. And being as I'm the fix-it person, I had to stop working to fix it.

We both wound up not working as I frequently had to work on that saw.

That was pointless, so I bought a small Stihl MS-260 Pro for my back-up saw - end of problem!

I have a Poulan Pro 405 Plus which I am using more since my father burn up my other saw so this one had to come back out. But I dont remenber it being so cold natured, sometimes it doesn't want to start once it sat. Any advice on what to try.

Not that I'm real familiar with that saw but hard starting problems are usually cured (for me) with new fuel lines. Old lines will get brittle, crack and allow the carb to draw air instead of fuel. Or they turn to mush and won't let fuel draw. I try to keep a couple of new plugs around as well. Saws have been known to flood and a wet plug just doesn't seem to want to fire.

I only use 91 octane fuel in my small engines. The difference in price annually seems to make up for the related problems of lower octane fuel. I'm not real good about draining the tanks after using them. The only carbs I have had to clean seem to be everyone elses that have sat for a year and won't start/run. YMMV

Good luck with it !

Thanks for the help. Think Ks WoodsMan might have the answer it has new plug fuel line is fairly new but fuel might be problem. Its not that hard to crank, most time a shot of start fluid two to three pulls go. Then no problem for several days. :dizzy:

Back