Crane rental

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news to me...not to my wife though. I have found a crane I may buy. It's a national 400 on a 98' ford single axle. Not sure on the dimensions of the crane itself. Truck only has 60,000 miles and was owned by a roofing company locally that I know the owner. My main question for you guys is that it is a rear mounted crane. I've never operated or rode one of these and just wanted to see if you guys had some input on these. I'm not concerned about it being on the rear, just curious what you all think?

Good news to me...not to my wife though. I have found a crane I may buy. It's a national 400 on a 98' ford single axle. Not sure on the dimensions of the crane itself. Truck only has 60,000 miles and was owned by a roofing company locally that I know the owner. My main question for you guys is that it is a rear mounted crane. I've never operated or rode one of these and just wanted to see if you guys had some input on these. I'm not concerned about it being on the rear, just curious what you all think?

I think a rear mount is the best possible scenario. You can fish off the back of the boat without the cab or the bed in the way. If I could find a 30 ton 120 footer that I could afford I would snatch it up.

I have been tempted today. I was tempted to drive my rig down to the crane hire company that was SUPPOSED to on site tomorrow and tie the lying sack of #### fleet controller to a log and hit go on my chipper. It was a close thing. 18 hours before the job he calls me again and says... " im still not sure about this job and how much counter weight is required and the reach is longer than we like and blah blah blah blah blah ". You know that sensation you get when you just want to reach down the 'phone and grab him by the gonads and squeeze untill he makes a noise like a stove top kettle?

Sigh. Sanity prevailed and I let the client know of this issue, booked a company I have used before for the 26th and then rebooked the ewp. Then I had to type a suck up letter for the residents of the street and delivered them by hand at 9pm.............I gotta be up for sainthood now. Honestly.

Crane job pictures are now 2 weeks away...:(

Latest posts

Back