Do I need a new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
620 should back a great saw. And for under $500 that is a good deal and hard to beat.

That's how I sold it to my wife. ...
A good 60 cc saw like the 620 is a very versatile and great tool, able to handle many jobs and be useful enough that it won't sit all the time. A big 90cc saw is nice but I myself very seldom have a job big enough to pull it out. My 60cc saw handles so much. 24-30 in oak and hickory. I don't want to mess with wood any bigger. That stuff is hard enough to move around and get processed down to firewood.

I got 7 trees 25-30 inch diameter to cut up. I have a start with my echo 450p but each cut is quite a chore on the big stuff. So how much easier would this work be with a 620P 24" bar. Might I kill my 450 trying to get this stuff cut up.
I got a quote for a 620p-24 at $609.00

Here is the tired guy caught taking a break.

View attachment 574312

Thanks
Once you go down the do i need another or bigger saw road theres no turning back !

Trigger pulled!!!

CS-620p-24

Caught the echo 20% off sale. Out the door for $473.00

Does that count as a U suck ??

I don't have it yet, shop had to order it.
Good deal!!!!

Now please report back....I have heard a lot about these saws....you will be giving it a good work out right off the bat....anxious to see hear how she does!!!

50cc with picco super !! At some point it goes beyond the need and turns into a want issue if it does the job more efficiently and you can justify it go for it !! Great buy !

A good 60 cc saw like the 620 is a very versatile and great tool, able to handle many jobs and be useful enough that it won't sit all the time. A big 90cc saw is nice but I myself very seldom have a job big enough to pull it out. My 60cc saw handles so much. 24-30 in oak and hickory. I don't want to mess with wood any bigger. That stuff is hard enough to move around and get processed down to firewood.
I use the big bore 064 (99cc) on lots of smaller stuff.. cuts really fast, so I spend less time carrying it..

Who wants to run a vibrating old 245?! No thanks.

We are only talking a $600 investment for a robust, modern saw that will be up to the task. We aren't asking him to buy a skidder and prentis truck!

heck man, i've run newer saws so much working that my fun is running old beaters at home. i like the $20 poulans lol wouldn't want to run them for work but they be good for firewood/truck saws.

heck man, i've run newer saws so much working that my fun is running old beaters at home. i like the $20 poulans lol wouldn't want to run them for work but they be good for firewood/truck saws.
I don't get any fun out of POS saws.. I don't mind old it it was good back in its day

Latest posts

Back