Do I need a new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CoreyB

CoreyB

Addicted to ArboristSite
That's how I sold it to my wife. ...
A good 60 cc saw like the 620 is a very versatile and great tool, able to handle many jobs and be useful enough that it won't sit all the time. A big 90cc saw is nice but I myself very seldom have a job big enough to pull it out. My 60cc saw handles so much. 24-30 in oak and hickory. I don't want to mess with wood any bigger. That stuff is hard enough to move around and get processed down to firewood.

user 149785

user 149785

Sawdust junky
I got 7 trees 25-30 inch diameter to cut up. I have a start with my echo 450p but each cut is quite a chore on the big stuff. So how much easier would this work be with a 620P 24" bar. Might I kill my 450 trying to get this stuff cut up.
I got a quote for a 620p-24 at $609.00

Here is the tired guy caught taking a break.

View attachment 574312

Thanks
Once you go down the do i need another or bigger saw road theres no turning back !

Khntr85

Khntr85

Addicted to ArboristSite
Trigger pulled!!!

CS-620p-24

Caught the echo 20% off sale. Out the door for $473.00

Does that count as a U suck ??

I don't have it yet, shop had to order it.
Good deal!!!!

Now please report back....I have heard a lot about these saws....you will be giving it a good work out right off the bat....anxious to see hear how she does!!!

user 149785

user 149785

Sawdust junky
50cc with picco super !! At some point it goes beyond the need and turns into a want issue if it does the job more efficiently and you can justify it go for it !! Great buy !

Rx7man

Rx7man

Cattle Rubbing Post
A good 60 cc saw like the 620 is a very versatile and great tool, able to handle many jobs and be useful enough that it won't sit all the time. A big 90cc saw is nice but I myself very seldom have a job big enough to pull it out. My 60cc saw handles so much. 24-30 in oak and hickory. I don't want to mess with wood any bigger. That stuff is hard enough to move around and get processed down to firewood.
I use the big bore 064 (99cc) on lots of smaller stuff.. cuts really fast, so I spend less time carrying it..

Big_Wood

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
Who wants to run a vibrating old 245?! No thanks.

We are only talking a $600 investment for a robust, modern saw that will be up to the task. We aren't asking him to buy a skidder and prentis truck!

heck man, i've run newer saws so much working that my fun is running old beaters at home. i like the $20 poulans lol wouldn't want to run them for work but they be good for firewood/truck saws.

Latest posts