Ebay saw pricing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problem with ebay is the seller has no recourse. You used to be able to leave negative feedback for the buyer. Now you cant. WTF is that? Doesnt that defeat the whole purpose of feedback ? Sellers have to be honest but buyers dont? Load of crap.

I agree, but it's not hard to figure out when the buyer is completely full of *hit.
It doesn't help the Seller's score, but if a potential buyer actually reads the Sellers feedback, they will figure it out.

Tony

E-bay saws good deal? or bad deal?

Im kinda new to the chainsaw hobby just wondering, do the saws mostly arrive in the condition that seller advertised? I have looked on e-bay alot mostly at husky pro model saws, some look nice but i have seen lots of ragged out logging outfit saws for way to high of bid or price. The 372s seem really overpriced, has anyone here had alot of bad experiences buying off e-bay?

Im kinda new to the chainsaw hobby just wondering, do the saws mostly arrive in the condition that seller advertised? I have looked on e-bay alot mostly at husky pro model saws, some look nice but i have seen lots of ragged out logging outfit saws for way to high of bid or price. The 372s seem really overpriced, has anyone here had alot of bad experiences buying off e-bay?

Last year I bought a near-new 200T for a bargain "Buy It Now" price. Turned out it had only 120 psi compression, and serial no. was ground off. It was sold by an outfit near St. Louis that was also a Stihl Dealer. Description of saw did not reveal this info. I returned the saw and got all my money back.

Only a few high demand saws fetch top dollar. The 372xp and 200T are amoung those.

Last edited:
Back