Echo CS-590 timberwolf vs. Echo CS-600P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a chance to compare my MM CS-590 vs a ported 361. The 361 in the video below has had quite a bit of work done to it, and has ran well against other ported 60cc saws in cant races and otherwise. The echo may be the best bang for the buck I've seen, when it comes to power per dollar spent.. I'd like to run it against a stock ms362 or even a 562xp. Now the Echo doesn't have the rpm's the other saws do out of the wood, but it seems to like a heavy hand, nice wide power band.

The 361 was constantly faster and both saws were tuned a bit rich. The Echo sounds more rich than it really is do to how the rpm's are limited. Both saws would gain a bit with a little tuning, but we're not talking big numbers. Not every cut was made to be as fast as possible, as I was testing the power bands as well as speed, same with the other operator. Both chains were fresh, but as you can see the bar lengths are different. This was not a scientific test. It is what it is.

The echo's fastest time. 4.88 slowest time 6.05
The Stihl. 3.76 and 4.93

In bigger wood the 361 would likely pull away. Nevertheless the Echo is quite impressive.

As far as I know the Husqvarna 570 = RedMax GZ7000 = Zenoah GZ7000. So that might be an option for you if you can't get a Husqvarna 570 anymore locally.

andyshine thank you nice job explaining stock vs mod,and staying onthe quiestion' mountainlake thank you for yor opinoin, that is just the type of info i was looking for and i do think they [husky] stoped the 570, looks like 365 70cc, also 700 bucks, but ill check with my dealer, 7 sleeper thank you for your info i think you correct, i want to keep it around 580 to 630 dollors, mountainlake thinks the echo walks over the 391, intresting,

i always heard the CS 8000 was a dog with out a muffler mod but don't hold it against me, yet again i hear this from people never ran one.
but im talking about the newer model also.

I had a chance to compare my MM CS-590 vs a ported 361. The 361 in the video below has had quite a bit of work done to it, and has ran well against other ported 60cc saws in cant races and otherwise. The echo may be the best bang for the buck I've seen, when it comes to power per dollar spent.. I'd like to run it against a stock ms362 or even a 562xp. Now the Echo doesn't have the rpm's the other saws do out of the wood, but it seems to like a heavy hand, nice wide power band.

The 361 was constantly faster and both saws were tuned a bit rich. The Echo sounds more rich than it really is do to how the rpm's are limited. Both saws would gain a bit with a little tuning, but we're not talking big numbers. Not every cut was made to be as fast as possible, as I was testing the power bands as well as speed, same with the other operator. Both chains were fresh, but as you can see the bar lengths are different. This was not a scientific test. It is what it is.

The echo's fastest time. 4.88 slowest time 6.05
The Stihl. 3.76 and 4.93

In bigger wood the 361 would likely pull away. Nevertheless the Echo is quite impressive.

Port the 590 i dare yee :D

Here's the test I'd love to see. Stock, off the shelf 591900, ms311, & 460 rancher running whatever 20" b&c they come stock with, set up by their respective dealers. No tweaks, no mods, just how the average joe would buy and run them. Go head to head.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Here's the test I'd love to see. Stock, off the shelf 591900, ms311, & 460 rancher running whatever 20" b&c they come stock with, set up by their respective dealers. No tweaks, no mods, just how the average joe would buy and run them. Go head to head.

I don't see a 460 or 311 coming close to the Echo. It not only feels like a bigger saw, it runs like one.

The trouble is Echo saws come with a real cogged up muff and make huge gains just modding the muff and tuning, let them all have muff modds. Steve

I'm interested in doing a multiple part test...
Dead stock (including bar and chain.. just how it comes off the shelf)
MM and tune.
Finally upgraded chain.
I have no doubt the echo is better out of the box than the other 2, it'd just be nice to see a true side by side comparison to shut down a few detractors.

The trouble is Echo saws come with a real cogged up muff and make huge gains just modding the muff and tuning, let them all have muff modds. Steve

I like stock at first, for the first test, full retail out the door price with average cut time. You can get a dollars per cut figure then for comparison.

Then muff mod, then ported. Last two tests, just the cut times I guess.

I'm interested in doing a multiple part test...
Dead stock (including bar and chain.. just how it comes off the shelf)
MM and tune.
Finally upgraded chain.
I have no doubt the echo is better out of the box than the other 2, it'd just be nice to see a true side by side comparison to shut down a few detractors.

I hear you. I've been around here long enough to know there will always be detractors. The test was more for people here than the average Joe. If someone has all three saws, I'd be interested in the results, but for me I always do some work to a saw so it's not my ballgame.

I hear you. I've been around here long enough to know there will always be detractors. The test was more for people here than the average Joe. If someone has all three saws, I'd be interested in the results, but for me I always do some work to a saw so it's not my ballgame.
I can relate.
I know I stumbled onto this site searching for info on a new saw originally. I can bet that plenty of homeowners/firewood guys browse on here looking for info on a good, off the shelf saw.
Might turn into our own AS public service. ;)

I can relate.
I know I stumbled onto this site searching for info on a new saw originally. I can bet that plenty of homeowners/firewood guys browse on here looking for info on a good, off the shelf saw.
Might turn into our own AS public service. ;)

Back