End of Indian Summer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you not catch the "all" part of my post?
I'm talkin alllllllllll of them even the ones currently in other countries...
Yeh...I see the 'all' now. At least then, Slowfoot can learn many new and different cuisines and recipes. Hell, that's gotta be worth it...if she says it, make it so...hell, open the damn flood gates. Lol

Yeh...I see the 'all' now. At least then, Slowfoot can learn many new and different cuisines and recipes. Hell, that's gotta be worth it...if she says it, make it so...hell, open the damn flood gates. Lol
Then we just gotta get trump to put a wall around Warshington...

Walls can keep folks out too. So, who'll build it? Most here are too busy making profound posts to bother doing such work.

Do you not realize that you are now talking like we are Germany in the 1930s and you are supporting walling off (think ghettos) a population of people you fear just like what happened then? Hard for me to believe folks would actually repeat such a disgusting era of history here in the U.S.A. Real hard. Maybe they didn't teach that part of history in Georgia...but then you should have read up on it.

I don't know what that has to do with hating winter to begin with. Now, I've got to hork my way outside--I came back from the GTG with a cold--Collyfonia hates me, and bring in some firewood. It'll be a chilly morning, for here but I've got a heck of a nice view on clear, wintry days.

Walls can keep folks out too. So, who'll build it? Most here are too busy making profound posts to bother doing such work.

Do you not realize that you are now talking like we are Germany in the 1930s and you are supporting walling off (think ghettos) a population of people you fear just like what happened then? Hard for me to believe folks would actually repeat such a disgusting era of history here in the U.S.A. Real hard. Maybe they didn't teach that part of history in Georgia...but then you should have read up on it.

I don't know what that has to do with hating winter to begin with. Now, I've got to hork my way outside--I came back from the GTG with a cold--Collyfonia hates me, and bring in some firewood. It'll be a chilly morning, for here but I've got a heck of a nice view on clear, wintry days.
Seeing's how ya mentioned Ga...I guess your post is directed to me. Yeh Slow, we Ga boys never got edicated like you I 'spose. Lol.

You musta been one acid trippin, LSD'ng, peace loving gal in your hayday. By the way, who mentioned anything about 'hating winters'? Where the hell did that come from? Hit that doobie again and please carry on, getting your firewood inside...so ya can get over that cold ya got...I think it's affecting what you're typing. And I appreciate the history lesson. Jeez.......

So where's the problem?

:laughing:
For a few moments there I thought I was over in the 'Politics and Religious Views' forum.
Pardon me if I don't get involved here, I'm already knee deep in it over there.

Back to the weather...
We got the white stuff... looks like at least 10 inches out there this morning. Still, "they" say upper 40s next week with lots of sun so I ain't gonna get overly excited about moving the darn stuff. B'sides, the ground ain't frozen yet so I'd just make a huge friggin' mess anyway.
17° out there this morning with a 20 MPH north wind... I'm gonna' wait a couple hours before even brushing the vehicles off.
"They" still say we're gonna' see single digits tomorrow morning... I shoved a few sticks of oak in the box this morning to start building the coal bed for tonight/tomorrow.

I hate winter... I'm a winter bigot.

We came through your area around 7 last night. Wasn't bad there but the roads were really bad back by Clear Lake. Snow ended down by Keokuk.

We made it down to Brush Apes neck of the woods last night, stayed in Mt Vernon IL.

We came through your area around 7 last night. Wasn't bad there but the roads were really bad back by Clear Lake.
I'm about a 50 minute drive east of Clear Lake.
Did you come down I35 and then head east on the Avenue of the Saints (hwy 218)??
If you did, you drove withing sight of my place (during daylight).

So where's the problem?

Ask some of the few surviving WWII vets or death camp survivors. I'm sure they'd appreciate your sense of "humor" about it all. I take it you are too young to have had any personal contact with the above. Otherwise you might not be so flippant about it.

It did not get as cold here as predicted, which really isn't very cold. Since I returned on Thursday from the warm Napa Valley, I've had to quickly blow out the water lines in my little travel trailer. I also keep a heater going in it. After 11 days of travel sharing it with 1.5 dogs, I looked forward to returning home to my wood stove. The electric and propane heat keep the trailer warm from waist height but cold at feet level. One night I threw a blanket on The Used Dog. The next night I got braver and started up the Little Buddy heater to get things warmed up then I shut it off. There is no power hookup where we camp at Napa Bothe.

:laughing:
For a few moments there I thought I was over in the 'Politics and Religious Views' forum.
Pardon me if I don't get involved here, I'm already knee deep in it over there.

Back to the weather...
We got the white stuff... looks like at least 10 inches out there this morning. Still, "they" say upper 40s next week with lots of sun so I ain't gonna get overly excited about moving the darn stuff. B'sides, the ground ain't frozen yet so I'd just make a huge friggin' mess anyway.
17° out there this morning with a 20 MPH north wind... I'm gonna' wait a couple hours before even brushing the vehicles off.
"They" still say we're gonna' see single digits tomorrow morning... I shoved a few sticks of oak in the box this morning to start building the coal bed for tonight/tomorrow.

I hate winter... I'm a winter bigot.
Damn...10 inches!!! 2-4" here just shuts this place down entirely...except of course for the idiots who wanna get out and see just how fast they can end up in the ditches. :laugh:

Yep! Kind'a funny how some can get off topic.

They were saying that you might get 10 inches. That gets a bit nasty trying to clear it off the drive when the ground isn't frozen yet. No snow here but we woke up to 12 above so things could freeze up a bit. Yesterday the temps got up to 27 and I was out blocking and splitting wood in a sweatshirt, there is a lot of power in that sun. Going from snow to slush and mud is always a lot of fun.. Stay Warm..

Ask some of the few surviving WWII vets or death camp survivors. I'm sure they'd appreciate your sense of "humor" about it all. I take it you are too young to have had any personal contact with the above. Otherwise you might not be so flippant about it.
its called sarcasm...im as serious about putting a wall around Warshington as I am about sending those refugees there...I want them sent to a remote island with a wall around it:innocent: you are welcome to go slowp:yes:

Latest posts

Back