End of Indian Summer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, we aren't looking forward to paying for it. But it will sure beat the 23aa that's on it now. It tracks everywhere when its wet and doesn't get enough traffic to really lock down.
should check out road grindings...they bind back together real good...some guys around here will basically pave it back down, they dump it, grade it out, and roll it...nice results for less money than new asphalt

should check out road grindings...they bind back together real good...some guys around here will basically pave it back down, they dump it, grade it out, and roll it...nice results for less money than new asphalt
The did a county road near me with that. It's as strong as regular pavement. Holding up great three years in.

The did a county road near me with that. It's as strong as regular pavement. Holding up great three years in.
same in the next town over from me...they had a main (heavy traffic) road re paved, and they took all the old grindings and finally "paved" some roads that were still dirt:)

I've thought about millings, but haven't looked into prices for anything yet.

I've read where folks put them down and then spray them with diesel on a hot day and they lock back up just like it was laid with a paver.

It would also allow me to do the labor work, which would save money.

Sent from a field

The main part of our driveway is crushed granite. It sets up like a rock.

I also don't plow the driveway except the pave parts for a while, unless it's a massive dumping. That way the snow gets pounded into the granite and makes a good base before plowing.

Oh and I drove through the aftermath of that crap early yesterday morning......pulling a car hauler. I left Kentucky at 7:00pm Saturday and got home at 3:00pm yesterday.

Holee Schmolee. Lotsa miles of 40 mph and full 4wd.....a couple skittish moments. Coldest temp I saw was -7 on the truck display.

My turn-a-round drive is crushed limestone... it will get near like concrete when dry, but we had some pretty heavy rain recently.
Weren't no friggin' way I was gonna' plow the snow off it as soft as it is. Normally we drive on the first couple snows to get it packed into the limestone and create a solid base, but normally the first couple snows ain't 10 friggin' inches neither. I was out cleaning a path from the house to the drive Saturday morning when the farmer neighbor came by with his tractor mounted big blower... he set it up about 2 inches off the surface and made a couple passes around the drive. That made the drive usable, and it only cost me one beer :D

Now "they" say 40s this week with sun, then rain on Thanksgiving. It's gonna' be a huge sloppy mess, and the ground still ain't gonna' freeze... sucks‼

Wheres the pictures of the snow ?

dscf0041-jpg.462937

dscf0042-jpg.462938

Nice ,we rarely get snow ,if we get a foot it is out of the ordinary ,most of the time a few inches ,then melts pretty fast .Got a snowplow on the little 4x4 kubota i want to try out though ,it has little skids i can drop and pin so i can keep it above the gravel driveway and not dig it up .

I suppose I could tell you about the light dusting of snow we got Friday night-Saturday morning just north of La Crosse, but I won't. Some of you might not like it:lol:

Back