Has ANYONE Broken a AV mount on a PS5100???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We sell a good deal of 270/280's and I've only had one 270, have issues with AV mounts. He purchased the saw in Oct. 2007 and brought is back in Feb. 2008 with every one of the rubber mounts busted. I asked him how much wood he had cut since the saw was only a couple months old. He said he had 40-50 facecords of wood with the saw, so I replaced the buffers under warranty and suggest he get a bigger saw, if he's cutting that much wood. Other than that never had one issue.

even this 3 month old skidder squash has twisted mounts but not broken ones and it still runs.......

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

for sale just traded

Scott

For sale as is or repaired first??

because a Dolmar PS5100 does handle a 20" 3/8" and for commonality of chains with the PS6400's and PS7900's

Scott

Handles it, sure - but what's the point with a 50cc saw, if you put a 20" bar on it....:confused:

......then you are better off with a heavier powerhead anyway......

Why? because we can. My Dolmar 115i Pulls a 3/8 20" bar all day. Can't say that about the others?

No sissy chains for my saw!

I'll take you on any day of the weak with either one of my sissy saws. Take your pick. Either the 346 or 260. No 3/8 either. Yours wouldn't be the first to go home with its tail between its legs, lol:greenchainsaw:

For sale as is or repaired first??

either way, I will tell you its more economical to buy a new one rather than fix it with NEW parts. Now on the other hand there are still quite a few parts on this saw. I allowed $60 for it tward a new PS5100

Scott

Perhaps it's because they're not used commercially like the Stihls and Huskys:greenchainsaw: JK:)

:biggrinbounce2::laugh::laugh::laugh:

There are plenty or COMMERCIAL DOLMAR USERS that would argue that point.
Picked up a new logger as a customer this week that was sick of his stihl dealers one was never open and the other does not stock parts. He bought a PS7900 calls it a MS460 killer now

Scott

In my neck of the woods the most popular saws sold hands down are 50cc's with a 20" bar and chain. It's very unusual to even see a 60 or 70cc saw with a 20" on it. All of those run much bigger than that. Must be working for everyone, been going on like this for 30 years or so that I can remember...

Handles it, sure - but what's the point with a 50cc saw, if you put a 20" bar on it....:confused:

......then you are better off with a heavier powerhead anyway......

Because some guys like more than a limbing saw...........My 2153 is not happy running a 20" 3/8 .....250.00 port job it might be a bit happier ..

There are plenty or COMMERCIAL DOLMAR USERS that would argue that point.
Picked up a new logger as a customer this week that was sick of his stihl dealers one was never open and the other does not stock parts. He bought a PS7900 calls it a MS460 killer now

Scott

Just had to post those smilies, and I think Brads post at least have some merit, and it was funny.

The 5100S sure is a good saw, and built like a brick (except the plastic clutch cover) - problem is that it also handles like a brick, in the woods.

Great yards saw, but not as great a (in the) woods saw......

Sorry, but have to be honest........:jawdrop:

Last edited:
Back