Has ANYONE Broken a AV mount on a PS5100???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are plenty or COMMERCIAL DOLMAR USERS that would argue that point.
Picked up a new logger as a customer this week that was sick of his stihl dealers one was never open and the other does not stock parts. He bought a PS7900 calls it a MS460 killer now

Scott

yeah Stihl dealers are full of themselves-must be that good ole boy dealer network of theirs. Plus don't forget the ungodly markup on parts being sold to you by a Stihl certified parts changer. geesh.

Just had to post those smilies, and I think Brads post at least have some merit, and it was funny.

The 5100S sure is a good saw, and built like a brick (except a few details) - problem is that it also handles like a brick, in the woods.

Great yards saw, but not as great a (in the) woods saw......

Sorry, but have to be honest........:jawdrop:

Honest....How many tanks do you have through your saw to even give that opinion..............When you hit over 200 tanks feel free to give us an opinion.....

Well I have pulled pretty hard on my 7900 when I get it pinched ya it happens, have not broke anything yet. I also cut more with my Jred and have not broken anything yet on both of them. Mac's that another story I think you have to run over them with a D9 before they will stop cutting wood. I have never broke a av spring I did have the springs on my Poulan 2550 go very soft on me had to replace them even added the old rear handle spring in the IPL, as it left me with a stiffer feeling saw that I happen to like it just flexed too much without that rear handle spring.
I like my dolmar but it is no tufter than my Jreds!But they are smother compared to my Mac's.

AV blunder

My makita came from a rental place. I had to replace the cylinder mouted av spring because of it being stretched. I assume it was from pulling it out of a pinch. (ppssstt! don't tell anyone though) :laugh:

My makita came from a rental place. I had to replace the cylinder mouted av spring because of it being stretched. I assume it was from pulling it out of a pinch. (ppssstt! don't tell anyone though) :laugh:

Now that you mention it, the one I bought had the same problem. It was all stretched out. Yes, I know Scott didn't include the 7900 in his list of saws.

Honest....How many tanks do you have through your saw to even give that opinion..............When you hit over 200 tanks feel free to give us an opinion.....

It takes 200 tanks to form an opinion of a saw? :monkey:

Yeah you're probably right.
I did leave out johnnies because they aren't even their own brand. Polished turds-the geo trackers of the saw world. Manufactured and repackaged elsewhere:dizzy: kinda like inbev owns budweiser.

Ouch...that hurts...that really hurts.

(What say guys...did I seem sincere?)

Just had to post those smilies, and I think Brads post at least have some merit, and it was funny.

The 5100S sure is a good saw, and built like a brick (except the plastic clutch cover) - problem is that it also handles like a brick, in the woods.

Great yards saw, but not as great a (in the) woods saw......

Sorry, but have to be honest........:jawdrop:

I must still be a :newbie:. What does that mean?

Maybe I need to run a few (hundred?) more tanks through and I'll figure it out. :poke:

I did leave out johnnies because they aren't even their own brand. Polished turds-the geo trackers of the saw world. Manufactured and repackaged elsewhere:dizzy: kinda like inbev owns budweiser.

Kinda like Dolmar...nothing but a rebadged Makita.

Hmmmmm

Will a 5100S even last 200 tanks?????:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Al

Kinda like Dolmar...nothing but a rebadged Makita.

Made In The Dolmar Plant In Hamburg Germany since 1927... May be owned by Makita but their made by Dolmar......

Also Makita does not even have the PS5100 their closest comparison is the PS5000 with its plastic handle and a thousand less rpm and lighter crank

Scott

Latest posts

Back