Has ANYONE Broken a AV mount on a PS5100???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lolol

This thread is getting good. Scott you shouldn't have let that one spring on the 270 go to your head, you have created a monster,LOLOLOL

Okay...let's be serious for a second here, guys...somethin' I wanna know:

What is the whole point of prime rib?

Seriously...who the hell wants baked beef? Baking is something you do to beans, or pie.

And don't give me any of this 'broiled' nonsense...that's nothing but upside-down baking.

Put that thing on a GRILL!!

WHO'S WITH ME ON THIS?????

A all out slug fest, Stihl vs. husky vs. Dolmar.:hmm3grin2orange:

I see the loser woodie, where is his "partna" Booker??

Tant no slug fest but it is funny. Anyone placing bets yet as to what brand is gonna win???

I had a PS7900 come in today with a missing AV. (The one on the cylinder-to-handle). Turns out the screw snapped off (part of it is still in the cylinder) but the spring itself didn't break.

I had a PS7900 come in today with a missing AV. (The one on the cylinder-to-handle). Turns out the screw snapped off (part of it is still in the cylinder) but the spring itself didn't break.

The PS7900 has too much power to be contained by some AV mounts... But seriously the handle mount only breaks from playing tug-o-war with the saw

Scott

Yup!

Sure and 6 pack of 288xp's too ...

After seeing the 2 346NE's at my dealer waiting to get fixed , Id have to buy a dozen of them to get past 10 tanks :cheers::cheers:

So did you final run a 5100 ???

I did run a 5100!
I have to say that when I ran JD's 5100 at the MN/WI GTG - -I was impressed. That saw cut like a raped you-know what. . . .
However the throttle response compared to the 346 was horrible . I have a clapped-out 12 year old Echo trimmer with better throttle response, and I did notice that it was a tad heavier. But I say again it truely CUT.

Thank God it's Friday and I'm headin' north to drop a few trees. Enjoy the weekend guys!

Al :cheers: :cheers:

Honest....How many tanks do you have through your saw to even give that opinion..............When you hit over 200 tanks feel free to give us an opinion.....

That was below the belt - as you know perfectly well why I haven't been able to run saws much lately......:censored:

... but I have managed to find enough "flatland" trees to test out the difference in handling, as it is pretty obvious!

:cheers:

That was below the belt - as you know perfectly well why I haven't been able to run saws much lately......:censored:

... but I have managed to find enough "flatland" trees to test out the difference in handling, as it is pretty obvious!

:cheers:

Troll there are plenty of people on AS that will be willing to do your foot surgery...........Stop over it will only take 45 minutes.....:cheers::cheers:

If you count to 10 you'll be at wide open throttle ............

Last edited:
LOL guys I had a MS280 and the anti vibe must have been made from bath sponge.
And thats being kind to it!

We have a Dolmar branded 250 handheld blower and the engine is badged Robin.
Its lame compared to my BG85 but £100 cheaper! Thats $140 BTW

Im not brand bashing but each manufacturer has good and not so good models in their line ups.

Its nice to know that some of the Dolmar models have strong but efficient anti vibe.

I ran my first 346XP NE today. Quite frankly, it did not impress me. I mean, after all the hype about it on here I really was expecting more. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome saw, loads of power. Just didn't live up to my expectations. Good throttle response, but not better than other saws I've ran. It felt heavy, too.:greenchainsaw: I actually like the old 346XP's better.

The PS7900 has too much power to be contained by some AV mounts... But seriously the handle mount only breaks from playing tug-o-war with the saw

Scott

Awwwwwww thats what I've been waiting on, the excuse. So if a AV mount does break on a Dolmar there is an excuse as to why it broke, tug of war. Yet if one breaks on a Stihl its why don't they make a AV mount that last, the tug of war excuse doesn't apply, okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Latest posts

Back