Help Me Mr. Wizards

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I better lay out my outfit so you all may comment. But it may be a few days. The huckleberries are ripe in a nice patch, and I must return there today.

Will remember calks for todays picking. The Used Dog and I got soaked, except for my legs and feet, yesterday, but it was worth it.

I do not own a proper PNW axe for wedges, but from the videos, I guess I should take my little hammer? I am not sure where the broken baseball bat is.

Last edited:
a rubber mallet might be better. points for safety and it's gotta be color matching..

broken baseball bat ...that a laugh outta me !
hillarious analogy.

Corks vs Gamers :laugh: :laugh:

I guess I better lay out my outfit so you all may comment. But it may be a few days. The huckleberries are ripe in a nice patch, and I must return there today.

Will remember calks for todays picking. The Used Dog and I got soaked, except for my legs and feet, yesterday, but it was worth it.

I do not own a proper PNW axe for wedges, but from the videos, I guess I should take my little hammer? I am not sure where the broken baseball bat is.

It should be not far from where the last hippie or huckleberry thief is laying. Some of that top secret marking paint would help you find it after use.

The broken baseball bat is a fact. I was dumping a huge for me--18 inch willow in my yard, and needed to get a wedge in. This property has junk all over. There was a broken aluminum baseball bat handy, and I used it. It worked well for what I did. The willow went over, in the direction it was supposed to go, in spite of my crooked cutting. I think I took the bat to a gtg. It may be in the recycle some day pile.

Perhaps I should give a class on aluminum bat wedging?

why not. blue wedges of course...for beginners. mags for advanced GOL graduates.
oh, and the class can autograph your bat as a memento.
nice touch don't you think ? :)

I'm liking the idea of Gypo jugs but I have no empty antifreeze jugs. I could rig up my trail cutting stuff which is a little one gallon gas can tied with greasy rope to a 2 liter pop bottle for the bar oil. I'll need to go get some pop. :msp_biggrin:

Okay, time to choose accessories.

I'm leaning towards wearing my "Got Rum?" hat for casual wear. The one with the feller buncher on it is not shown, as a representation of the machines may cause anger.
200182d1316732500-hats0001-jpg

I have added an explosives sticker to my Mac T for bling.
200183d1316732502-hats0001_1-jpg

View attachment 200182View attachment 200183

Last edited:
The Stihl hat may be appropriate. The Mac-T has far to much character for that group

The Mac T would blow their minds

"is that hardhat........metal?"
"umm ok I guess it might work but where is the face shield and neck flap, I don't understand why it doesn't have earmuffs on it?"

No BS, all kidding aside.

Well, slowp, I hope the trip and course turn out well for you. Maybe down the road it'll give you an edge on a job. Check list of things not to leave home.

In any case safe drive up and back and while there.

Lee

I will never forget the GOL taught guy about my age that was asking my boss one afternoon, "You cannot be serious, he really cut twice the wood I did today?" haha I watched that dude cut his brains out every day, he worked so hard. Then one day he watched me swing a tree with 3 cuts and he saw the light. I tried to pass on what I know, I think it took, dunno though, he quit a few weeks later. .

I have no idea if I cut twice the wood haha, I don't see why boss man would make stuff up though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that MacT with the sticker. Would a "Nuke the Whales and Baby Seals" bumper sticker be a little too much?

Maybe we're all worrying too much. Maybe the group taking the class will turn out to be a bunch of closet red-necks and they'll all have a hell of a good time. Or, then again.....;)

I saw a picture somewhere of a group taking the course. I think it was in Oregon. The students all looked normal, the instructor was the only one in the orange outfit with face shield, etc.

I'm going to learn good stuff, because I don't know much.

I saw a picture somewhere of a group taking the course. I think it was in Oregon. The students all looked normal, the instructor was the only one in the orange outfit with face shield, etc.

I'm going to learn good stuff, because I don't know much.

Hope you have a good trip, Ms.slowp, and don't show them all up, on day one anyways. Motel or camper?

I have never taken the GOL course, 34 years worth of practice cutting which I am sure will automatically mean I am sure to fail the class. The saw mill I am currently cutting for sent me a note that they would like all of there contractors be certified loggers before the end of the year. My insurance that I have to pay for does not require, the mill that does not pay my insurance seems to think it is a good idea. There is little chance that I will take the day off and lose a day in the woods. I have noticed that every guy who could not cut his way out of a paper bag is an instant expert in logging so I am sure I am missing the obvious. After a short two day coarse they have all the answers

Latest posts

Back