Help! One saw to fit my needs!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That saw is all you need and will probably last you forever if its taken care of. These guys who are saying you need 70 or 80 cc's to cut a few trees are baked.

I'd get some semi chisel chain if I was you. It will stay sharp longer until you get the sharpening thing down.

Wow I'm impressed!

No apologies to the OP are needed. I had to pop a bag of popcorn to get to the end though. :)

That one guy with all the red rep is a dumb ass. Ignore him.....

OP here...I can't believe the discussion that this thread has generated...I have decided to buy a 251 if they come out before September. If not, I will buy a 261. Luckily my house is in a field, and the biggest tree in my back 5 is 14", and if I get into anything over my head at the shack I can just go back and have a sauna. I will not be buying a 10' pro saw in case my neighbor has a mammoth tree fall on his house, and I promise to wear chaps. Can we just get back to muffler mods, chains for the 251, or something useful?

I've got several nice fresh 026s to sell.......just saying.

I am confused. What is this one saw thing? I haven't had 1 saw since I was 9... I think I had 5 when I was 11. :laugh: I guess CAD got me young.

Guess If I did have to choose one, it would be my 034. For the sort of stuff I do, 60cc will do it all. Not too big for small stuff and limbing, big enough for bucking the odd 2-3 foot round.

Last edited:
I am confused. What is this one saw thing? I haven't had 1 saw since I was 9... I think I had 5 when I was 11. :laugh: I guess CAD got me young.

I hope you don't have any pro saws in your lineup. I've read that a pro saw will murder you, your family and your friends.

The pro saw will then salt the earth around your grave to keep flowers from growing.

Just sayin'

I hope you don't have any pro saws in your lineup. I've read that a pro saw will murder you, your family and your friends.

The pro saw will then salt the earth around your grave to keep flowers from growing.

Just sayin'

I think the 034 is considered a pro saw. (I know it's built as one, not sure if you would consider it size wise) I also have a few 5 cube + pro saws from the 1950s.
Here is one. View attachment 290072

People get killed by chainsaws every day, nothing quite like speeding up the process by handing a complete novice a fire breathing pro falling chainsaw

where do i get one of these ?

Mastermind Worksaws of course. :msp_biggrin:

No, just no.

If a regular pro saw is a grenade, a Masterminded pro saw is a fuel-air bomb. It will have a multi-county killzone in the hands of a newb.

Send those saws to me for safe storage, I am certified to deal with WMDs, I have a class-three license.

Latest posts

Back