Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, its dated December 1964. I got a soft copy I believe from Lewis Brander a few years back. Have a nice hard copy now as well. If anybody wants a copy, shoot a PM and I'll send it.

Dan

Last edited:
Your becoming a great asset to the Homelite World! I would rep you again if I could! Im sure someone will though!

]B]Deprime big public thanks[/B] for the manuals. Now I know I need to invest in high speed when it gets out my way. I can see from your ipl that the band is broken short and really just need a new band,9545(8)42?

Paul

Thanks for the kind words guys! :cheers:

The XL76 is a fun saw with plenty of torque, the only problem I had with mine was that it liked to overheat. Unfortunately the coil broke off of the cylinder and is in my project pile.

Here is a new video of the 770D, it would have been longer but I ran out of memory.

[video=youtube;0o0p8ZDAURM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o0p8ZDAURM[/video]

No fresh posts here - I'll throw in a pic of a Homelite just to keep things ticking along......

Chris.

attachment.php

I am suprised that you didn't have to arm wrestle old McBob over the 750. The old guy gone red on us, watch for an EZ next.

This little 750 was safe and sound in my collection before Bob went haywire from his usual yellow fever and picked up his machine.

Keeps things healthy in the competition dept though.....

I am suprised that you didn't have to arm wrestle old McBob over the 750. The old guy gone red on us, watch for an EZ next.

It was bound to happen. I was once a diehard Homelite or Nuthin' kind of guy. Life was simple. Then I caught the Yellow Fever. I believe that insidious virus was planted in the box some old Redwood Logger packed my Homelite C5 in...:hmm3grin2orange:

Oh dear. I don't want to step on cpr's toes, he is the one driving prices up on big inch saws.

He's not the only one. I can think of at least a half-dozen fellows here who're responsible for driving up the prices of old big-inch saws. Some even live in Australia...:cheers:

No more yellow warnings

I don't post much but read religously, I am going to a GTG in WI tomorrow to dodge rain drops and cut wood and Generally BS. the car is packed and the cargo is all red. I however did almost reach for a 99 that needs to run in Two man trim. When the dull 750 did not have room *in* the car *as opposed to on the car* the 99 got put right back on the someday shelf. I will post some photos. I am bringing the Noahs ark approach to cutting. Two 150's two 1130's and a two man super Wiz.
As most folks cut newer Orange stuff I bring two of each Homelite model and race them against each other. my son *or who ever* gets one I the other, then we switch saws and add the times together, thinest cookie pile is the tie breaker. I don't even need to worry about how sharp they are.....at least I always win the loudest saw award.
Mike

He's not the only one. I can think of at least a half-dozen fellows here who're responsible for driving up the prices of old big-inch saws. Some even live in Australia...:cheers:

Ha - yes a few of the big old Homelites have packed their bags and headed to Australia! The old saying that I live by is - something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. If someone can pick up a particular item for a bargain then it is a good thing - however I still do not mind paying alot more for it if it is something that I want. That is just me I guess.

Regards,

Chris.

Ready to head home

These are two Homies I brought back from my buddies in Iowa last fall. They are pretty much ready to "mysteriously appear" in his truck this summer when he is up here. :hmm3grin2orange:

Before:
attachment.php

After:
attachment.php

Before:
attachment.php

After 1:
attachment.php

After 2:
attachment.php

Did some trading at the GTG this weekend. Drug home a Deere 550cs, Homie 8800.

Big thanks goes out to Erik.

Couple pics for the board along side my 540.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back