Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently picked up a fairly nice xl 925 and need to replace the lines. What's the trick to replacing the in-tank fuel line? It seems to attach to a nipple in the upper part of the tank that is really tough to get to. I've run into this with a couple of my other homies and ended up not replacing the in tank line for this reason. This one needs it though. I'm pretty sure it's sucking air through this line.
Thanks.

Your fuel line should look like this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOMELITE-SU...TER-PART-65593-65593A-64083-NEW-/181050718064
It just pushes into the hole in the tank. If there is a fitting with a nipple on it someone has modified the setup.
You can buy new fuel line or if you are lucky save the grommet part that fits into the hole in the tank, forward and above the clutch, and run a piece of
Tygon fuel line through the grommet part and attach it to the metal tube that runs back towards the carb box.
Nice find on the 925.

650, 750 Clutch drum dilemma....6 shoe drums needed

I was wondering if anyone can help me to locate a Homelite Part # 68727 This is a clutch drum used on the Homelite 650, 750, 1050 and maybe others. I have picked up a few East Coast versions of the 650 and 750 which have a drum with a 3 shoe clutch similar to the 550 but the drum is not interchangeable. On most of these saws the clutch shoes are shot. So I was able to pick up some 6 shoe clutch assemblies for 750's but without the drum because I wanted to change them over to the West Coast setup which is much more durable. The Drum from the 3 shoe versions has a much thicker side wall and the 6 shoe clutch assembly will not fit into this drum. It is identical in every other way. So if anyone knows where to pick up the six shoe version of the clutch drum I would appreciate a lead.

I realize this is an old post, is the thick drum A-93865-A ? I have a drum that is 7 spline, bore .75, OD 3.25, ID 3.045, spline sticks out .45, .11 thick walls, 1.6 overall depth, .825 surface for the clutch to ride on. No numbers on this creature at all. A-68727-A is similar, but it's spline sticks out .50, 3.11 ID, .8 thick walls, the rest is the same.
DSC04356.JPG DSC04355.JPG DSC04354.JPG DSC04353.JPG

Your fuel line should look like this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOMELITE-SU...TER-PART-65593-65593A-64083-NEW-/181050718064
It just pushes into the hole in the tank. If there is a fitting with a nipple on it someone has modified the setup.
You can buy new fuel line or if you are lucky save the grommet part that fits into the hole in the tank, forward and above the clutch, and run a piece of
Tygon fuel line through the grommet part and attach it to the metal tube that runs back towards the carb box.
Nice find on the 925.

Thanks Tim.
It's very possible that I'm wrong about the line connection. It's tough to see in the tank but it didn't seem to be the conventional line configuration. I'll tear into it a little, see what's going on, replace the line, and hopefully get her up and running.

Wire fixed and it fired on bottle feed. Will run it tomorrow to be sure it idles proper etc. Fuel line, boot and fuel pump looked good.

yzehy3ap.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also working on a 360, tried 3 ignition coils and 3 COP's but still no spark, think I need a running parts saw to troubleshoot mine

Also working on a 360, tried 3 ignition coils and 3 COP's but still no spark, think I need a running parts saw to troubleshoot mine
Did you check for continuity between the coil wire and the horse shoe deal? I tried all the coils I had and found where the wire was crimped at the fitting was bad. Carefully rolled the tab back and stripped the wire back re-crimped and soldered it in place and WAMO spark back.

Thishttp://www.ebay.com/itm/221363948913?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 was in the mail box yesterday. Now we have a world of bar/chain combinations to tinker with for the XP-1000.

Stuck a 20" on it for now with a 3/8" x 8 for now but have .325 x 9, .404 x 7, .404 x 8 and even a 7/16" x 7 to play with. Bars; a .50 x 24, .063 x 21 and a .063 x 25.

Downside is a 24" Remy roller nose won't work. The 7/16" that fits the bar is .058.

Dose .325 come in .063 guage?......................................................

Did you check for continuity between the coil wire and the horse shoe deal? I tried all the coils I had and found where the wire was crimped at the fitting was bad. Carefully rolled the tab back and stripped the wire back re-crimped and soldered it in place and WAMO spark back.
among other things, I connected my voltmeter directly to coil leads and then spun the flywheel, could not detect any voltage

Thishttp://www.ebay.com/itm/221363948913?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 was in the mail box yesterday. Now we have a world of bar/chain combinations to tinker with for the XP-1000.

Stuck a 20" on it for now with a 3/8" x 8 for now but have .325 x 9, .404 x 7, .404 x 8 and even a 7/16" x 7 to play with. Bars; a .50 x 24, .063 x 21 and a .063 x 25.

Downside is a 24" Remy roller nose won't work. The 7/16" that fits the bar is .058.

Dose .325 come in .063 guage?......................................................
Yes it does.

Lee

Hello all I am a Homelite owner to be, and I have a fuel question.
First if there is a better place for me to put this just go ahead and move it I don't want to thread jump anyone?
I just bought 3 saws one old R15 partner , Homelite xl 500 auto , and a Mini Mac . I don't even have them yet but I will by Wednesday evening. According to Acers site the Mini uses 40:1 mix, does that sound correct? The Homelite uses 32:1 and the Partner uses 25:1( prolly to keep the black fly's at bay) I have run old partners in the past on my 50:1 mix that I regularly use but after reading on Acers site it looks like I should have a gallon of all 3 ratios on hand. Is this what you would do,.. or do you run a happy medium of some sort? I will post this is the McCulloch sticky as well just to get some McCulloch opinions too. Thanks Jeff

Hello all I am a Homelite owner to be, and I have a fuel question.
First if there is a better place for me to put this just go ahead and move it I don't want to thread jump anyone?
I just bought 3 saws one old R15 partner , Homelite xl 500 auto , and a Mini Mac . I don't even have them yet but I will by Wednesday evening. According to Acers site the Mini uses 40:1 mix, does that sound correct? The Homelite uses 32:1 and the Partner uses 25:1( prolly to keep the black fly's at bay) I have run old partners in the past on my 50:1 mix that I regularly use but after reading on Acers site it looks like I should have a gallon of all 3 ratios on hand. Is this what you would do,.. or do you run a happy medium of some sort? I will post this is the McCulloch sticky as well just to get some McCulloch opinions too. Thanks Jeff

More important than the ratio is the type of oil you use, and the type of gas you use. All my saws get 100LL AVgas with roughly 45:1 Amsoil Dominator synthetic, and I have never burned up a piston, never had to replace a fuel line, and I have never had to drain the fuel out of a saw. It can sit indefinitely without a problem.

How do I get that snap type ring off my old Homelite XL that holds the clutch drum on? My other XL has a nut like everything else, but this one (it's a 1977 year model) has what I think is called a captive ring. You are supposed to be able to spread the thing out to get it out of the groove. It's not a snap ring with eyelets. I have fought this thing for hours. Tried to pry it apart by twisting screw drivers in it, grinding down some picks to make custom tools, and even modified some snap ring pliers but no luck. The space in the ring is really tiny. Help please!

How do I get that snap type ring off my old Homelite XL that holds the clutch drum on? My other XL has a nut like everything else, but this one (it's a 1977 year model) has what I think is called a captive ring. You are supposed to be able to spread the thing out to get it out of the groove. It's not a snap ring with eyelets. I have fought this thing for hours. Tried to pry it apart by twisting screw drivers in it, grinding down some picks to make custom tools, and even modified some snap ring pliers but no luck. The space in the ring is really tiny. Help please!

Would this work?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Angle-Tip-S...t=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item3a8cb920bc

Back