Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I opened up my new buy, a 1980 XL, to check it out. The manuals don't help explain the open hole in the gas tank. I assume this is to prevent vacuum probs? Shouldn't there be a filter or some type of debris excluder there at least?

Attachments

• IMG_1525[1].JPG
    IMG_1525[1].JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 19
So I opened up my new buy, a 1980 XL, to check it out. The manuals don't help explain the open hole in the gas tank. I assume this is to prevent vacuum probs? Shouldn't there be a filter or some type of debris excluder there at least?

Needs a duckbill valve pressed into the hole. I think 69451 is the part number.

6esenazy.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have a Super EZ that I am getting running again. My question I have is about the oil lines. One of the oil lines goes into the oil tank and has a screen on the end, this line seems to go to the manual oil pump button. The other line which had turned to mush comes up from the gear pump and into the tank. Does this line have any screen needed on it in the tank, does it need to be long and into the bottom of the tank sucking oil or is it a vent and just needs to be into the top of the oil tank where is sucks air.

When I ran the new oil line into the tank I left it long and down into the oil tank deep, the next day I had a large oil mess. I am thinking this line just needs to vent into the top of the tank.

Hello all,
New member here. Been collecting saws for a while and happened on a great rare beast...
About a 3 weeks ago I picked up a Homelite 3100G that looked to be in good shape. After tearing it down a bit I found that it must have been seized and the piston and cylinder are beyond hope.
Does anyone know where I might find a piston & cyl for this great ol girl?
Please help me revive this piece of history!
A

Those old boat anchors are not worth fixin. But since your new here I would be
willing to trade you a nice pullon wild thing for it just to help you out. :D

Got a couple homie 360 questions. A guy brought me a one to get running and I have switched out the coil over the plug with two others I have hear and still no sparky. I measured resistance between the horse shoe and the wire out of it and it reads int eh million oh range something is amiss there. Anyone have a spec on that?

Also I seen a difference in my pick off the flywheel that what this saw has. Are the parts interchangeable on them as far as the coils and pick up goes.

Also it looks to me I have to remove the tank to get the horse shoe out? Is this correct. Saw has good compression.

Found a problem after mucho work. The wire to the horse shoe is open. If you wiggle it it connects and then pull on it and it goes open.
aqa9a9ah.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a Super EZ that I am getting running again. My question I have is about the oil lines. One of the oil lines goes into the oil tank and has a screen on the end, this line seems to go to the manual oil pump button. The other line which had turned to mush comes up from the gear pump and into the tank. Does this line have any screen needed on it in the tank, does it need to be long and into the bottom of the tank sucking oil or is it a vent and just needs to be into the top of the oil tank where is sucks air.
I kept taking things apart until I found the problem, on the model I have there are two oil lines going into the tank for the oiling system. The one going directly to the pump that I had replaced also has a screen on it that I found in the tank. The real problem was the passage under the pump that goes to the port that aligns with the bar was plugged shut. She runs great.

I recently picked up a fairly nice xl 925 and need to replace the lines. What's the trick to replacing the in-tank fuel line? It seems to attach to a nipple in the upper part of the tank that is really tough to get to. I've run into this with a couple of my other homies and ended up not replacing the in tank line for this reason. This one needs it though. I'm pretty sure it's sucking air through this line.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back