Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Aaron.

Edited my last post. Used a dial caliper instead of my eyeballs.

I wasn't expecting it to be 7/16" like my Remeys..................................................................

Are you matching a loop of 7/16" chain that you want to run? Otherwise, you'd be better off going with 3/8 or .404. There are several 7/16" spur drums on feebay now. I found a bunch doing a "Homelite 7/16" sprocket" search.

A picture of my XP 1020.

HomeliteXP10203_zps71498ab0.jpg

Are you matching a loop of 7/16" chain that you want to run? Otherwise, you'd be better off going with 3/8 or .404. There are several 7/16" spur drums on feebay now. I found a bunch doing a "Homelite 7/16" sprocket" search.

He came with the 7/16" loop and 21" hardnose bar. Chain is about half done and the bar needs dressed bad. Will just make due with it untill we overhaul him this spring. Then we will put .404 on him.

I have a NOS 22 and 28 from M.Mark on hand for later.

B.T.W. It's acceptable to use one .404 preset to shorten a 7/16" chain in a pinch.

Put in diaphram and gaskets in the C-91 Tilley. Put the H & L jet screw back in their correct holes (they were switched) but, no joy.

Plug wire is trash so now going thru the ignition. Points nearly closed up.

The sprag starter works excellent when it is clean and has a light spritz of WD40 on him.

The sprocket/drum is new (!!) and he has .404" chain on him.

Last edited:
We decided to have a test and tune day yesterday. I drug out all the old saws and took off. Two C51s, C7,C72, SW66, couple of old Lancasters and Sears 3.7 Ropers. Have to say the old Ropers are fun and cut good. Each Homelite came to life and got some time.

Finally, the C7 I just completed, got her turn. HAD a lot of time and new parts in this saw, notice I said had, and she was chugging along just fine. Ever hear that sound of marbles and your stomach turns? Yep, bottom end sounds like it let loose so I have to put it back on the surgery table and see where I or the saw went wrong. Anyway it was a fun day until then :cry:

Hello all,
New member here. Been collecting saws for a while and happened on a great rare beast...
About a 3 weeks ago I picked up a Homelite 3100G that looked to be in good shape. After tearing it down a bit I found that it must have been seized and the piston and cylinder are beyond hope.
Does anyone know where I might find a piston & cyl for this great ol girl?
Please help me revive this piece of history!
A

Sounds about how my 1050 is tuned and it has the same 141c carb on it. My Super 925 actually has the high side needle turned all the way in seated to run best. Sometimes it don't take much to adjust it. I always make my final adjustment in the cut however on the high side...

Hello all,
New member here. Been collecting saws for a while and happened on a great rare beast...
About a 3 weeks ago I picked up a Homelite 3100G that looked to be in good shape. After tearing it down a bit I found that it must have been seized and the piston and cylinder are beyond hope.
Does anyone know where I might find a piston & cyl for this great ol girl?
Please help me revive this piece of history!
A
Small engine shops that have been around for 50 years may have the parts you need burried away. Friend of mine found a NOS cylinder and top cover for a 2000 just the other day while digging through a small engine shop storage room.

It's been so cold and damp up here the last two weeks I don't feel like going outside to tune these two in wood. Temps below
0 F and wind chills often into the -20's F.
Looking forward to a little more pleasant weather so I can try them out.

I really like the Super Mini/Super EZ line of saws. I'm going to try to put a .325 bar and chain on one of mine. I'll let you know how it goes.
Is the 902 a 70cc saw? Keeping Warm?

Regards,

Lee

My Mini came set up with a .325 chain. The bar is a hard 16" tip.
The 902 is 77cc. Strong cutting saws.
Trying to keep warm. The dampness down here is what gets to me. We certainly got spoiled by the last three "warm" winters.
I am definitely looking forward to spring. I was also looking forward to ice fishing this weekend but elected not to go. Good choice for a change. I see they pulled the OPP off the roads in Orillia on Sat. due to weather conditions.

I would be interested in how you think the .325 chain works on the Super Mini. Is it worth the effort to change from a .375? I was even wondering about a lopro chain, to get a more compact cutter and so a narrower kerf.
Regards,

Lee

I would be interested in how you think the .325 chain works on the Super Mini. Is it worth the effort to change from a .375? I was even wondering about a lopro chain, to get a more compact cutter and so a narrower kerf.
Regards,

Lee

I'll let you know Lee but I don't have a 3/8" set up to compare it to. If I had a rim set up I could try that out.

Latest posts

Back