Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought both 1050 and S1050 are the same cc

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
They are both 100cc but have a few internal differences. Looking at ipl's I see different rod, piston, crank and head part numbers that don't interchange in any of my books. The Mac super 797 for instance isn't as powerful as the regular 797. Super has thick rings where regular 797 has thin rings.
1050 and Super 1050 both use thick rings but other parts are different. I wonder if the timing is advanced or the head flows more . Will be interested to see if I feel any difference when my super arrives. I've wondered a long time now.

Nick

my s797 has thin rings, also unpainted, no# block. replacement block, I been told.
Probably why it has thin rings for having a replacement block. Replacements most always are clean with no paint. Early 797 blocks have no numbers on them but the super is a model made with thick rings. I prefer thin ring saws myself they seem to have more power and rev higher. I only have a regular 797 and love running it, more so than my 125C. I don't think Homelite was like McCulloch with its super designation having more power and thin rings over thick it all seems to depend on the saw. However the super 925 is a very strong saw. I had one like new with 200psi but traded it for a low serial number Mac 73 in really great shape. I didn't really care for the 925 much just not my type of saw. It was powerful i just didnt like the feel of it in the cut. I love the 1050 and my Super 1130G and my 990D though. Just depends on how the saw feels and operates. I'm a hard core Mac man but also like Homelites nearly as much. I want to get a S2000, S2100, 3100G and I'll be content for the most part. I can't find much on the east coast and most often get saws shipped from California, Oregon and Washington and a few from the Saskatchewan. Lots of big saws out west. Just have to find them good deals. I'd rather not buy off ebay anymore prices are too inflated. Anyway I'm still waiting on my Super 1050 to arrive. Should be here Monday. Found a Huge tree in the woods that fell over in a storm we had so it's over a few feet across so it will be a good one to give the S1050 a workout.

Nick

View attachment 550108 Found in my parts box 2 Homelite 330 oil pump diaphragms/ plunger. I have no use for them. Not a very desirable saw but willing to send to a good home.

First chainsaw I ever ran, around 6 years ago. I just fixed it up for the owner (my neighbor) a few months ago. Not the fastest cutter but it gets the job done. He loves to stick the chain in the dirt.

hey guys. playing around with a C-7. what do you use to clean up crud in the fuel tank? also when i pulled the filter out there were a few parts left in the tank. i'm assuming this was the original but not sure. what do you use for a replacement. last and not least what is the replacement plug for the j-6-j? thanks.

What kind of crud is in the tank? If it's corrosion, I put some water and gravel in the tank and shake it around a lot. If it's melted old fuel line, I reach in and scrape out as much as possible, then go with the gravel. As for the fuel filter, early ones were three piece - the main body, filter material sleeve, and a washer/retainer. I use anything modern that is weighted and fits the fuel line. I always used the original plug unless it was really bad. Should be a cross reference to other brands where the plugs a sold.

What kind of crud is in the tank? If it's corrosion, I put some water and gravel in the tank and shake it around a lot. If it's melted old fuel line, I reach in and scrape out as much as possible, then go with the gravel. As for the fuel filter, early ones were three piece - the main body, filter material sleeve, and a washer/retainer. I use anything modern that is weighted and fits the fuel line. I always used the original plug unless it was really bad. Should be a cross reference to other brands where the plugs a sold.
looks like just old gummed up mix. it had some in when i bought the saw. i thought diesel fuel and let it sit for a while. the plug was some old lawn mower plug and was junk. thanks buzz.

If it is old fuel soak it with new fuel or laquer thinner then drain, dry, and inspect.

I like the gravel method but personally use steel BB's from waterfowl shotgun loads. They arent as coarse as gravel but there is no chance of one disentegrating and leaving additional stuff to find it's way into the carb.

Ditto on the lacquer thinner. Works pretty fast even on hardened/varnished old mix gunk and residue. Wouldn't use it in plastic tanks with seams, tho. Could dissolve the sealant before ya ever knew what happened.
i was a little worried about the thinner. i messed around with it a little more today and the goo/gunk in the thank was almost like elastic when i got some out. i have been using a water based cleaner to degrease a lot of stuff that i might dump in the tank. don't laugh. "as seen on tv". this stuff does work pretty good at full strength. opinions? the wife uses it in her carpet shampoo machine and says it works better than the expensive stuff.
upload_2017-1-19_17-44-5.jpeg

Thanks.
Times have changed as to what was available in school when I was a kid. We actually had red sodium bars at school in Junior high. One of the kids stole a few, wiped the oil off and stuck them in his pocket. That didn't go well at all.
Ii was fun playing with the mercury and magnesium ribbon though.

I finally got the clutch off on the 410. So now how do I get the oil pump off? I took the 3 screws off but it looks like a press fit?

I finally got the clutch off on the 410. So now how do I get the oil pump off? I took the 3 screws off but it looks like a press fit?
With one of my Echos I had to use longer screws to push the oil pump off. Don't know if the 410 may be the same or not. There is also the House of Homelite website/forum

Back