Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added 2 and 1/2 small homelites to the stable yesterday.

A XL-123, EZ Auto and a xl-101 parts saw. Might have some pictures up later.

I guess I need to start looking for a big Homelite now..I like this time period of Homelites myself. I am thinking of something in the 70cc class might be next on the list. Any suggestions?

Added 2 and 1/2 small homelites to the stable yesterday.

A XL-123, EZ Auto and a xl-101 parts saw. Might have some pictures up later.

I guess I need to start looking for a big Homelite now..I like this time period of Homelites myself. I am thinking of something in the 70cc class might be next on the list. Any suggestions?

XL400 or XL500 if you can find one with a good P/C. They're kinda rare. XL700/800/900 series saw is the next step up for Homelites. 77 and 82cc versions in the series. Great saws. I'd recomend looking there for your next Homelites from that time period.

Homelite 'skipped' the 70cc class for the most part. The XL400/500 saws were a short lived effort by Homelite in that class. Basically an 'up sized' XL12 family saw. They seemed to have some longevity issues. I've never handled one that had a good P/C. There were other 70-ish CC Homelites in the '60s, but they were built on larger chassis. These include the C5/51/52 and the Zip/Wiz saws. Both of those were built on the same chassis as much larger displacement models. A Homelite 450 is a good 70cc class saw, but is 'later' than the time period you're talking about with your E-Z and XL100series saws.

Last edited:
Thanks I should have known you would have the answers. I just like this period of Homelites...Not sure why. I sorta like the 240 I bought but dont imagine it will be around for long. The super 2 was the first saw I ever ran and its not going anywhere any time soon.

This period of saw was around when I was born not sure if that has anything to do with it.

if you want a mid size saw try a c52 they wear powerhouses and mine runs as good as new and they sound great

Thanks for the suggestions...looking on ebay etc already. I know where a 914 is not sure if thats the same era or not.

Thanks for the suggestions...looking on ebay etc already. I know where a 914 is not sure if thats the same era or not.

While on your quest for a new Homie if you find a 750 for free or even $20 or so I will take it off your hands :laugh:

if you want a mid size saw try a c52 they wear powerhouses and mine runs as good as new and they sound great

Yeah I like that saw...I might have to poke around for one of those...If I only had one of each I would be happy:msp_smile:

While on your quest for a new Homie if you find a 750 for free or even $20 or so I will take it off your hands :laugh:

I will keep my eyes peeled....I am thinking of getting rid of the Poulan clan...how do you like your 25sda?

011.jpg

Go big inch or stand and watch.

011.jpg

Go big inch or stand and watch.

Hmmm.....

That mean lookin' yellow saw on the right sure looks familiar. The 900G next to it looks like the brother to my big inch Homelite. Maybe an Eccentric saw nut should get that saw running for you once he's done with the yellow one wearing the hockey mask...:clap:

Back