Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy you know your not supposed to have anything but Macs....I will send you some cash to send that saw home where it belongs.

that is very nice of you to pay him to send me that homelite where it does belong

Now boys, the only two places where that Homelite 900G you're talkin' about belongs are:

1)On my shelf, next to my Homelite 900D and Randy's McCulloch 790 (the saw on the right of that pic), and...

2)......on Randy's shelf, where his McCulloch 790 will also end up once I'm done working on it.:cheers:

Randy's 900G was actually one of a pair of 900G's. Here are the two saws - mine is on the left, and Randy's on the right.

Chris.

attachment.php

Randy's 900G was actually one of a pair of 900G's. Here are the two saws - mine is on the left, and Randy's on the right.

Chris.

attachment.php

Those are both 900G's? I see several differences between the two. The most obvious is the gearcase covers.:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Those are both 900G's? I see several differences between the two. The most obvious is the gearcase covers.:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

My saw (L/H side) has its original gearcase cover - early style covers covered up the handle brace retaining screws, whereas Randy's saw looks to have been modified to enable access to the brace screws. It doesn't appear to be a later style cover where the screws are able to be accessed (990G etc have a different gearcase cover), but a 'modified' piece.

Here is a pic of my 995G showing the later style cover.

What are the other differences that you have noticed? Both of these 900G saws have had later style mufflers fitted as opposed to the large ribbed type as well.

Regards,

Chris.

attachment.php

My saw (L/H side) has its original gearcase cover - early style covers covered up the handle brace retaining screws, whereas Randy's saw looks to have been modified to enable access to the brace screws. It doesn't appear to be a later style cover where the screws are able to be accessed (990G etc have a different gearcase cover), but a 'modified' piece.

Here is a pic of my 995G showing the later style cover.

What are the other differences that you have noticed? Both of these 900G saws have had later style mufflers fitted as opposed to the large ribbed type as well.

Regards,

Chris.

Interesting stuff. After looking back and forth and back and forth until I'm dizzy..........I think most of the 'differences' I thought I saw were due to the different angles that the saws were sitting at (in relation to the camera), and things being obscured or not obscured by the gearcase cover.

For example:
The top cover looked to be a different casting (can see the top edge of Randy's flywheel cover peeking over the top, while yours is not visible. For some reason the gearcase on your saw looked 'longer' than Randy's. The handlebar bracket looked different (obscured more of the muffler body, and looked to have a different profile).

Again, I think those 'differences' were mostly just an optical illusion in my poor brain due to the different angles and shadows. Nevermind...:jester:

His gearcase cover looks quite different. I see where his looks to be cut away at the rear to provide access to the handlebar bracket bolts like you said. It does look to my eyes like it has a 'sight line' cast into it (at the rear) as well............but at a funny angle and not perpendicular to the bar like what's normally on saws.

Last edited:
His gearcase cover looks quite different. I see where his looks to be cut away at the rear to provide access to the handlebar bracket bolts like you said. It does look to my eyes like it has a 'sight line' cast into it (at the rear) as well............but at a funny angle and not perpendicular to the bar like what's normally on saws.

I have looked at the same thing myself, and cannot make out exactly what it is. It could be a piece of wire or something over the top of the cover, but again cannot be sure. We will have to get Randy to clarify this one for us!

Here are the rest of the photo's I have of these two 'sisters'.

Regards,

Chris.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have looked at the same thing myself, and cannot make out exactly what it is. It could be a piece of wire or something over the top of the cover, but again cannot be sure. We will have to get Randy to clarify this one for us!

Here are the rest of the photo's I have of these two 'sisters'.

Regards,

Chris.

Maybe it's a weld bead, from some long-ago repair/modification...:popcorn:

can we get back to talking about this???

I have a friend near me who has a 'race' 2100 that he got from some old timer who raced it long ago. Looks stock, but it's a beast. I need to get him drunk enough that he'll agree to let me take it to the PNW GTG this year. That will take a lotta booze though...

I'd really like to have him (and some of his awesome old Homelites) come up with me, but that won't happen. He runs his ranch and several 'side' businesses (such as a firewood opperation and an outdoor shooting range) by himself, with only his son helping him. Single Dad of four too. Always going 100mph with his hair on fire. He needs a break, but can't afford to take time away from the ranch. Might be able to convince him to come up for the GTG in 2012....

Here's what i done while i was on the banned wagon for 4 days for somthing i shouldn't have done.But this is what it looked like when i was taking it apart.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
And these is when i got done sprayed it off with the pressure washer and then sprayed off with the air compressure

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

You would be getting sued if i was that guy. I was hoping you were gone for good. To bad you werent.....good thing I have ignore.

well i tell you what I'm trying to turn over a new leaf.and get sued for what i don't have anything.but i was wanting to get this behind me but it looks like some people just don't know when to let it go.And i don't care if anyone on here likes me or not I'm not here to please anyone I'm just here for information and to give information nothing more nothing less.so if you would please get off my back about it.

Last edited:
Homelite 200 Classic

attachment.php

With the 330's nearing completion and the Johnny 590 done the
200 Classic is up next (last one that heads back to Iowa).

well i tell you what I'm trying to turn over a new leaf.and get sued for what i don't have anything.but i was wanting to get this behind me but it looks like some people just don't know when to let it go.And i don't care if anyone on here likes me or not I'm not here to please anyone I'm just here for information and to give information nothing more nothing less.so if you would please get off my back about it.

Well good for you...but man you have burned way too many bridges. Maybe you should find another place to hang out.

well the problem is that you don't own this site and i think i can hang out on here all i want.but let's just put this behind us and get back to what we all do best and that work on chainsaws.

P.S. that carb linkage wasn't hard at all to put back in.if you know what your doing with them.

Latest posts

Back