Husqvarna 562.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmguywithasaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I just have to say I’m thrilled so far with the performance of my new saw. If I didn’t know better I would say that maybe it has been worked on. It was a demo saw and the dealer offers porting and polish on some models they say. Who knows. Are these saws real screamer like that. What is your experience with them. I haven’t got a chance to run it in big wood yet just small firewood

Love mine, got better and better up to ~15th tank and now just rips and can really lean on it. Only problem I saw fine dust getting around the air filter down into the intake so stuck a layer of grease around the base ( learnt from reading on here). Other than that I can't bring myself to use it for cutting anything but nice "clean" wood, it's too damn pretty and was expensive by my standards.

I own a gen 1 562xp. Yup, the ones with all the problems. Mine has never let me down and it is my goto saw. She is beat up but still has a hell of an attitude. It just digs in and gets mad at the wood and ponies up a few more cc. Great saw!

I’ve got a 2015, 562. My go to saw. Normally, when I’m heading out into the bush, I take the 562 and either a 372 or 572. But it’s the 562 I reach for every time. Its light, powerful, and very well balance. And screams like a banshee at full throttle. We don’t get many really large hardwoods up in Northern Ontario, a 25-30 inch maple is a good tree up here. But 562, with a sharp chain, handles those without pause.

Here's me running a 562xp in big stock, pin oak, in August nonetheless with the temp sitting on 100 F.
View attachment 873577
The saw was pulling a 25" bar and ran beautifully on all the buck cuts and noodles, some of which had to be quartered. It never bogged down and never complained. I gave it an A+.
That’s some nice wood lol

That’s some nice wood lol
Thank you. The tree was standing dead for no less than four years, a victim of oak wilt. All the branches, the stump, and this trunk were converted to firewood. All has been delivered, about five pickup-truckloads of premium stock. I was really impressed with how well the 562xp noodle cut the big rounds into halves and quarters. No chute clogging at all, it kicked the noodles right out.

I own a gen 1 562xp. Yup, the ones with all the problems. Mine has never let me down and it is my goto saw. She is beat up but still has a hell of an attitude. It just digs in and gets mad at the wood and ponies up a few more cc. Great saw!
Same here, I had one of the first runs of 562 back in 2011, I commercially cut timber and bucked logs for 2 seasons with that saw, ran perfect the whole time. It was beat to piss after I started using it as a landing saw, at that point the pto side bearing spun in the case. That saw didn't owe me a dime, actually it made me about 65,000 dollars over a 2 year period

My 562 runs great but it definitely doesn’t have the kind of power some of the folks in this thread are talking about.

Back