Husqvarna in China

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My nightmare

Well a couple of dogs and cats died, so what? This seemed to sum up the thinking of average Joe on the street. Lead paint in the toys? Well no kids were really hurt. You know it takes years of lead exposure to even start to make a problem. No harm really. Then came 2012!!!!

China refused to honor greenbacks for the large deficit the US had accumulated. No more promises, they wanted payment. An emergency session of the Government decided to pay with gold from Fort Knox. It was really a good time to do so. Gold was almost $5,000 an ounce. Not many bars of gold were left after that but the people still bought goods from China because they were so cheap and besides the US didn't produce much anyway. We were now a service community. We traded among ourselves for entertainment and other non-essentials. We printed more money to pass around and pay government retirements, health care and welfare. Only one in forty-six actually was working. Chinese machines took care of most infrastructure, agriculture and essentials.

The next time China demanded a payment, there was not enough gold. Silver was added and Fort Knox was given to China to store their money. The third demand required Yellowstone Park, The railroads (they had gone broke paying taxes), and all mothballed ships. Chinese troops guarded and used all they acquired. The ships were used to ferry Chinese to America. The railroads took them throughout the country.

The last time payment was to be the nuclear submarines, all government owned National Parks and all the Air Force Bases with the B1B bombers. Why was this the last time? Because there was no military anyway. The majority had decided that being the worlds police was not worth our young peoples lives. The greenbacks were worthless. The US of America became the US of China. Without a shot being fired.
Michael Rupley

We'll I'll be dayummmm. The last time I was at a Stihl school down at the distrubutor the speaker spoke of Zama and said their quality was beginning to suck bigtime. With Stihl running the show now maybe they can get those crappy carbs up to snuff.

Tommie,

I'd say Stihl has about the same chance of getting Zama to perform as Demi has of getting ole Tommie to perform.

Good luck Stihl, you'll need it,

Joat

Tommie,

I'd say Stihl has about the same chance of getting Zama to perform as Demi has of getting ole Tommie to perform.

Good luck Stihl, you'll need it,

Joat

Welp I'll tell ya Joat, Demi could get me to perform like a ole billy goat with red pepper on his p-cker. I'd say the chances of Stihl getting all those tiny Zama carbs working trouble free for years is a tuffie, dayumm I hate a Zama carb. I reckon the rest of the saw makers will be buying Zama carbs from Stihl now, wonder which ones they are gonna get,LOLOL, sorta like saying there's more than one way to skin a cat. Can ya see it Joat, millions and millions of saws with carb issues cept for Stihl, how can that be,LOLOL

Welp I'll tell ya Joat, Demi could get me to perform like a ole billy goat with red pepper on his p-cker. I'd say the chances of Stihl getting all those tiny Zama carbs working trouble free for years is a tuffie, dayumm I hate a Zama carb. I reckon the rest of the saw makers will be buying Zama carbs from Stihl now, wonder which ones they are gonna get,LOLOL, sorta like saying there's more than one way to skin a cat. Can ya see it Joat, millions and millions of saws with carb issues cept for Stihl, how can that be,LOLOL

Tommie,

Well, I guess I asked for it. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much information there ole buddy.

Joat

Tommie,

Well, I guess I asked for it. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much information there ole buddy.

Joat

:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

Joat you crack me up. One of these days your gonna have to come visit or I'm gonna have to come to your place. I can see us laffing for hours on in..

He may be stretching to the extremes abit but alot of what he said is true. The landscaper and homeower market is much bigger than the chainsaw market in the USA. Everyone needs to cut their grass alot more than they need to wack up a tree. I think the big chainsaw boom of the 60's,70's,80's have given way to the to all the homes where those trees removed once stood. Where there were trees there are now millions of yards. It explains why weedtrimmers out sell chainsaws bigtime.

With price of propane hitting $2.30 gal. around here anyway, more people
will start burning wood again.....maybe more home owners will be buying
saws in 2008.

With price of propane hitting $2.30 gal. around here anyway, more people
will start burning wood again.....maybe more home owners will be buying
saws in 2008.

Good point there and it would be great to see those oil companies take a bite in their azz for a change.

For now though the biggest sale time for saws is when a big storm comes through. Where ever a big storm does alot of damage saws sell like crazy. When Isabella hit Virginia and tore up hell Stihl sold 35,000 saws in one single day in this area alone. Outside of storms saws sell ok but they don't sell like the lawn products.

Good point there and it would be great to see those oil companies take a bite in their azz for a change.

For now though the biggest sale time for saws is when a big storm comes through. Where ever a big storm does alot of damage saws sell like crazy. When Isabella hit Virginia and tore up hell Stihl sold 35,000 saws in one single day in this area alone. Outside of storms saws sell ok but they don't sell like the lawn products.

Same here, but where ice storms, Stihl dealer in here in MO. said
he sold 3 MS880's, last one went to a guy that did'nt even own
a saw. Said he tried to talk him out of buying it "No I got to have
a saw", I ask if the new MS880 was still alive or not :) dealer said
I have'nt heard any thing from him.

Oh, yes MS880 was only saw left in the store.

Last edited:
Same here, but where ice storms, Stihl dealer in here in MO. said
he sold 3 MS880's, last one went to a guy that did'nt even own
a saw. Said he tried to talk him out of buying it "No I got to have
a saw", I ask if the new MS880 was still alive or not :) dealer said
I have'nt heard any thing from him.

Oh, yes MS880 was only saw left in the store.

Thats exactly how it works. People will buy anything at the precise moment and there is no changing their minds.

Hey Joat

It just dawned on me, the sun is out, not too cold. Hell I'm gonna grab that new 346 and go up behind the barn and find me a piece of wood to butcher.
This little saw hauls buggy pruty durn good. I'll getcha a va diddy o and you be the judge. Be back in abits.

It just dawned on me, the sun is out, not too cold. Hell I'm gonna grab that new 346 and go up behind the barn and find me a piece of wood to butcher.
This little saw hauls buggy pruty durn good. I'll getcha a va diddy o and you be the judge. Be back in abits.

Tommie,

Don't forget them Luckies. Remember, LS/MFT - Lucky Strike Means Firewood Tonight.

Joat

Making saws in MSEK or Euros for sale in the USA must suck. What would stop them making pro-saws there?

Andy. Who knows what Husqvarna will do, I wouldn't put anything past any large company. Short term profit is often the goal. This makes the company look good, so the shareholders buy up what they can. It then makes the CEO look like he did the right thing. When things go bad (and they will go bad) the CEO retires (after he makes his fortune) the shareholders sell (after making there money), than out of the blue the company is in the gutter.

Anyone seen Peter lately? I recall him razzing me alot about Stihl putting a factory overthere to get in that billion people market. Looks like Husky is following the leader as usual, tell Peter I said so,wink!

Hello Thall!

The difference is that Stihl makes Stihl products there, whereas Husqvarna makes Zenoah products, or whichever of the dozens of brands they have...

Latest posts

Back