Sawtroll where are you, more bait for ya

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...ratio of quailty as measured by warranty claims, that is how they measure such things ya know.

Seems that someone pointed out a while back the half the warranty would more than likely give you less claims but that wouldn't fit well in your story. :hmm3grin2orange:

Now, back to the Wendy's hottie. :blob2:

Made ya wait, yes I'm a dog,LOL

Now if you noticed I didn't mention any names to your sources of the so call quailty has gone down at Stihl. However I do notice you haven't given me any numbers on the other's ratio of quailty as measured by warranty claims, that is how they measure such things ya know. When customer warranty claims start going sky high they know they have done something wrong, maybe by cutting corners or using cheaper parts. Stihl has had no spike in claims, they are still holding firm today as they have been for many many years. That would indicate the quailty has not gone down in most peoples views.

These casting flaws you speak of is a matter of the utmost importance to you though somehow these flaws do not alter the reliablity of the product as you have stated. So my question is are these flaws like a scratch in the paint, its there but it doesn't matter expect to complain it shouldn't be there, awwwwwwww yes that would be the case but like the scratch on the sprocket cover it really doesn't matter.

Now I know your not downing Stihl as a whole, stirring the pot yes and thats cool. Sawtroll you like and want to help out. Let me say I don't need any help stirring the pot, you are in this thread aren't you,haha. The numbers are ALL on my side and untill someone posts some to counter with something thats better I guess all I can say is this, its good to be the King,:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh I posted a pic of quailty gone down hill, its not Stihl though, how can that be,hehe

Tom not trying to stir but I do have a question. Now when you speak of warranty claims, is this the number of warranty claims submitted or the number of claims covered? Of course you know as well as I that the dealer won't probably won't submit a claim he knows the mother ship won't cover, and how would this affect the claim numbers according to your company info?
Just wondering as stats can be skewed to highlight certain trends and obscure others. Same as in politics..what do you think?? You are our eyes in the street on this kind of issue. Not sayin Husky or others do it any different...just askin.

Seems that someone pointed out a while back the half the warranty would more than likely give you less claims but that wouldn't fit well in your story. :hmm3grin2orange:

Now, back to the Wendy's hottie. :blob2:

Hmmmmmmmmm so if they double the warranty and the claims doubled that would be .06%. If they tripled the warranty and the claims tripled that would be .09 %. Hmmmm still less than 1%.

I'll give up my warranty altogether for a Wendy "meal",hehe

Oh she's about 5 foot, maybe a 100 lbs. Curviest lil ole thing. I just realized I'm hungry, heading to Wendy's for a Wendy burger and pure torment,haha

You ougtta strap a tampon to that 372 and be done with it Tommie......

Oh,and we're definitely gonna need pics of this 100 lb Wendy's hottie......:hmm3grin2orange:

Made ya wait, yes I'm a dog,LOL

Now if you noticed I didn't mention any names to your sources of the so call quailty has gone down at Stihl. However I do notice you haven't given me any numbers on the other's ratio of quailty as measured by warranty claims, that is how they measure such things ya know. When customer warranty claims start going sky high they know they have done something wrong, maybe by cutting corners or using cheaper parts. Stihl has had no spike in claims, they are still holding firm today as they have been for many many years. That would indicate the quailty has not gone down in most peoples views.

These casting flaws you speak of is a matter of the utmost importance to you though somehow these flaws do not alter the reliablity of the product as you have stated. So my question is are these flaws like a scratch in the paint, its there but it doesn't matter expect to complain it shouldn't be there, awwwwwwww yes that would be the case but like the scratch on the sprocket cover it really doesn't matter.

Now I know your not downing Stihl as a whole, stirring the pot yes and thats cool. Sawtroll you like and want to help out. Let me say I don't need any help stirring the pot, you are in this thread aren't you,haha. The numbers are ALL on my side and untill someone posts some to counter with something thats better I guess all I can say is this, its good to be the King,:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh I posted a pic of quailty gone down hill, its not Stihl though, how can that be,hehe

Why did you drill a hole in that Husky mate? :)

I'm sure other brands have issues too - I blew a base gasket on my first 7900 6 months after purchase. Rare by all accounts but it happened to me.

As mentioned above by Cantdog;

Some of the warranty claims by Stihl in Australia, and I'll use the poorer filtration and dust ingression on their larger pro saws as an example, (common problem in Huskies too) has been fiercely contested by many dealers. In the end if you have the right contacts and push the right buttons they'll give you the HD kit under warranty, but I often wonder just how many of these saw owners just give up and go back to having dust getting in their saws? I really don't know as the filtration problems like we see in Australia are hard to replicate in other countries.

As I said I am not doubting reliability of Stihl saws at all. In fact as I've mentioned elsewhere there are few pro saws sold in our area outside of 200T's (including Husky, Echo etc). As you've probably experienced guys that buy pro saws "generally" also look after them better and know to clean filters, sharpen chains etc etc.
The toughest saws I have ever seen and the ones that I honestly wouldn't even think should still be running are the cheap Stihls in that MS170-MS230 range. They get the absolute sh*t abused out of them but still keep going :)
Apart from carby issues on 200T's the only other warranty "claims" I see via Stihl dealers (apart from filtration problems) are saws that have been straight gassed by idiots! I can't give you warranty numbers for other manufacturers because I simply don't know, however Stihl reliability is not in question at all by me.
But lets be honest Tom, if you bought an MS660 and saw the finish of the P&C's like my saws (which I'm sure you have) you'd have to be hard pressed not to think there has been a decline in quality somewhere along the line, reliability probably not, but quality most certainly.

Last edited:
You ougtta strap a tampon to that 372 and be done with it Tommie......

Oh,and we're definitely gonna need pics of this 100 lb Wendy's hottie......:hmm3grin2orange:

Is this her?

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back