Sawtroll where are you, more bait for ya

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"GM Daewoo Produces Over 10 Million Cars. GM Daewoo has produced 11.13 million cars, including so called "complete knock down" products or kits for assembly elsewhere since its foundation eight years ago, it claimed Wednesday. The total tally consists of 5.34 million assembled cars and 5.79 million CKDs between October 2002 and September this year.

The company passed the 10 million mark for engine production in 2008, and for transmissions in 2009.

GM Daewoo is capable of producing 900,000 manufactured cars and one million CKDs a year in four plants -- two in Bupyeong, Gyeonggi Province, and one each in Gunsan in North Jeolla Province and Changwon in South Gyeongsang Province. Last year, the firm made 1.53 million units.

At an event marking the milestone, GM Daewoo CEO Mike Arcamone was quoted in a press release as saying the company aims to enhance its competitiveness by launching seven new models next year, and accelerate its quest to reach the goal of producing 20 million cars"

Wow. Daewoo has produced a heap of things too and we all know what outstanding quality they are :D

Sorry Tom, couldn't resist :cheers:

What I want to know is whether it is the Germans or the Americans behind the poor quality MS660 internals?

By the way, I'd love to see that Stihl plant in the US ;)

"GM Daewoo Produces Over 10 Million Cars. GM Daewoo has produced 11.13 million cars, including so called "complete knock down" products or kits for assembly elsewhere since its foundation eight years ago, it claimed Wednesday. The total tally consists of 5.34 million assembled cars and 5.79 million CKDs between October 2002 and September this year.

The company passed the 10 million mark for engine production in 2008, and for transmissions in 2009.

GM Daewoo is capable of producing 900,000 manufactured cars and one million CKDs a year in four plants -- two in Bupyeong, Gyeonggi Province, and one each in Gunsan in North Jeolla Province and Changwon in South Gyeongsang Province. Last year, the firm made 1.53 million units.

At an event marking the milestone, GM Daewoo CEO Mike Arcamone was quoted in a press release as saying the company aims to enhance its competitiveness by launching seven new models next year, and accelerate its quest to reach the goal of producing 20 million cars"

Wow. Daewoo has produced a heap of things too and we all know what outstanding quality they are :D

What I want to know is whether it is the Germans or the Americans behind the poor quality MS660 internals?

Man you play HARD dont you ??
Over here MacD's sells the most hamburgers but they are far from the best.
and there are people that will defend them to the death even tho the superior quality of other brands is obviouse.

Man did I strike a nerve with you or something? Open your blinders sir, how many more people drive cars than use chainsaws, duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. How many men and woman, teen-age girls and boys drive cars yet don't use a chainsaw, why I bet its in the 100's of millions worldwide, too funny. How about you stay on topic relating to chainsaw manufacturering and stop showing your ignorance trying to denounce a major milestone of 2000 American workers in one plant, not four. Ouch the truth hurts I know but if you wanna act like a horses azz then I gotta treat like one, sorry, well no not really sorry at all but it was the gentleman thing to say,haha

This poor quailty 660 talk according to you, welp lets see, Stihl sold its 40th million chainsaw back in 2006, not unit, chainsaw. So lets do the math. 40,000,000 minus 2 equals 39,999,998. Shoot lets do a 1000 bad cylinders, that would be 39,999,000 out of 40 million. Even 10,000 would still be good. Sorta makes your 2 look like a grain of salt in the ocean doesn't it. BTW the warranty ratio of Stihl worldwide is .03%. Yes 99.7 never come back for warranty. Do you know by chance what the ratio is for the other makers, is so please be so kind to inform me. To talk quailty you surely must know the ratio of the others so lay it on me, if you don't then your doing what, yes we know, just talking, hehe

Man you play HARD dont you ??
Over here MacD's sells the most hamburgers but they are far from the best.
and there are people that will defend them to the death even tho the superior quality of other brands is obviouse.

He talks hard, wind blows hard alot sometime too,LOLOLOL

You always yak about those Euro made Stihls, well yak on this,

STIHL Inc. Produces 40 Millionth Unit at Virginia Beach Facility
Leader in outdoor power equipment industry marks major achievement
Release Date: October 2010

Press Inquiries:
Anita Gambill
757-486-9151
[email protected]
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va.)- Today, STIHL Inc. celebrated a milestone in its history as the 40 millionth powerhead manufactured in the U.S. rolled off the line. President Fred Whyte accepted an MS 290 STIHL FARM BOSS® chain saw, from Executive Vice President of Operations Peter Mueller in front of a gathering of STIHL employees.

“This unit is symbolic of years of hard work and dedication by all of our STIHL employees, from the men and women in product assembly and manufacturing to our territory managers across the country,” said Whyte. “We are the number one selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor equipment in the country for a reason, and today I salute each and every person responsible for this success.”

STIHL Inc., one of several manufacturing facilities in the STIHL Group worldwide, has been headquartered in Virginia Beach, Va., since 1974. The company began its U.S. operations with 50 employees and manufacturing a single model of chain saw. Since then, production has grown and the company now employs more than 2,000 people nationwide, 1,800 in Virginia Beach, and produces a full line of high-quality, handheld outdoor power equipment including blowers, trimmers, brushcutters, and multi-task tools, as well as the number one selling brand of chain saws worldwide. In addition to serving the U.S. market, the company exports to over 90 countries.

40,000,000 and counting baby, yes out of one single plant in ole Virginy, nobody does it better than us Americans, put that in your ole Euro pipe and smoke it,LOLOL

Thall, how come Stihl doesn't have an assembly plant in Canada? And I don't want any smart azz answers.;)
John

Ya think. Notice I didn't ask him just who his test facility is thats making these claims about poor cylinders. I wouldn't want to hamper Dremel sales,:ices_rofl::ices_rofl::ices_rofl:

Haha, just remember haters are going to hate. If your favorite brands have been kicked in the nuts by Stihl for 40+ years, you would be a little upset too.:D

Thall, how come Stihl doesn't have an assembly plant in Canada? And I don't want any smart azz answers.;)
John

John I don't know why. Canada is one of their biggest markets for their pro saws. Canada is a huge market for Husky too. They both sell a awful lot of chainsaws up there.....

John I don't know why. Canada is one of their biggest markets for their pro saws. Canada is a huge market for Husky too. They both sell a awful lot of chainsaws up there.....

Yes, Canada had a program a few years ago, whereby if you turned in your firearms you got a voucher for a husky 55. Apparently over 175,000 firearms were turned in and were destroyed or sent to Sweden.
John

Yes, Canada had a program a few years ago, whereby if you turned in your firearms you got a voucher for a husky 55. Apparently over 175,000 firearms were turned in and were destroyed or sent to Sweden.
John

I'd want a lot more than a 55 in return for my firearms, LOL. Crazy stuff right there....

John

Husky may well outsell Stihl in Canada, thats one market Husky really goes after hard. I don't know the numbers for either but I do know they both compete hard in the Canadian market...

I'd want a lot more than a 55 in return for my firearms, LOL. Crazy stuff right there....

Dadgum Swedes got all those classic Winchesters and Brownings for a 100 dollar Saw.

Lesson: Never get into a gun trade with a Swede..Let the Swede trade with whoever, and BUY from the Swede later.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Man did I strike a nerve with you or something? Open your blinders sir, how many more people drive cars than use chainsaws, duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. How many men and woman, teen-age girls and boys drive cars yet don't use a chainsaw, why I bet its in the 100's of millions worldwide, too funny. How about you stay on topic relating to chainsaw manufacturering and stop showing your ignorance trying to denounce a major milestone of 2000 American workers in one plant, not four. Ouch the truth hurts I know but if you wanna act like a horses azz then I gotta treat like one, sorry, well no not really sorry at all but it was the gentleman thing to say,haha

This poor quailty 660 talk according to you, welp lets see, Stihl sold its 40th million chainsaw back in 2006, not unit, chainsaw. So lets do the math. 40,000,000 minus 2 equals 39,999,998. Shoot lets do a 1000 bad cylinders, that would be 39,999,000 out of 40 million. Even 10,000 would still be good. Sorta makes your 2 look like a grain of salt in the ocean doesn't it. BTW the warranty ratio of Stihl worldwide is .03%. Yes 99.7 never come back for warranty. Do you know by chance what the ratio is for the other makers, is so please be so kind to inform me. To talk quailty you surely must know the ratio of the others so lay it on me, if you don't then your doing what, yes we know, just talking, hehe

He talks hard, wind blows hard alot sometime too,LOLOLOL

Ya think. Notice I didn't ask him just who his test facility is thats making these claims about poor cylinders. I wouldn't want to hamper Dremel sales,:ices_rofl::ices_rofl::ices_rofl:

Haha, just remember haters are going to hate. If your favorite brands have been kicked in the nuts by Stihl for 40+ years, you would be a little upset too.:D

:D Hahahaha and I got the required responses :cheers: Your first response was gold Tom :)
You know I'm just stirring mate but remember Brad didn't have to touch anything with my two 660's to show photos of pretty average looking P&C's. Like I said, I highly doubt reliability would be an issue but so far I've had 100% poor castings and internal finishes.
Do you think this means I'm having a go at Stihl as a whole? Certainly not, they're an absolute powerhouse and should be proud of themselves. Just this weekend they have been hitting the television here with a massive amount of advertising. I have never, ever, seen a Husky ad and now the two local Husky dealers are the ones that have zero saws on display. Both Stihl dealers have a solid range although I actually think they are required to from Stihl. Regardless they're both doing far better than the local Husky guys.

(By the way I like Sawtroll so thought I'd help him out ;) )

Last edited:
But you did and it will be forever here in solid print...

That I did. Seems that gal interests me more than saws, guess that makes me normal don't it,hmmmmmmmmm. Ok I shall get back on topic and thats not good for you as I shall answer your other post now, are ya ready, hold on to ya seat baby, here's I come..

:D Hahahaha and I got the required responses :cheers: Your first response was gold Tom :)
You know I'm just stirring mate but remember Brad didn't have to touch anything with my two 660's to show photos of pretty average looking P&C's. Like I said, I highly doubt reliability would be an issue but so far I've had 100% poor castings and internal finishes.
Do you think this means I'm having a go at Stihl as a whole? Certainly not, they're an absolute powerhouse and should be proud of themselves. Just this weekend they have been hitting the television here with a massive amount of advertising. I have never, ever, seen a Husky ad and now the two local Husky dealers are the ones that have zero saws on display. Both Stihl dealers have a solid range although I actually think they are required to from Stihl. Regardless they're both doing far better than the local Husky guys.

(By the way I like Sawtroll so thought I'd help him out ;) )

Made ya wait, yes I'm a dog,LOL

Now if you noticed I didn't mention any names to your sources of the so call quailty has gone down at Stihl. However I do notice you haven't given me any numbers on the other's ratio of quailty as measured by warranty claims, that is how they measure such things ya know. When customer warranty claims start going sky high they know they have done something wrong, maybe by cutting corners or using cheaper parts. Stihl has had no spike in claims, they are still holding firm today as they have been for many many years. That would indicate the quailty has not gone down in most peoples views.

These casting flaws you speak of is a matter of the utmost importance to you though somehow these flaws do not alter the reliablity of the product as you have stated. So my question is are these flaws like a scratch in the paint, its there but it doesn't matter expect to complain it shouldn't be there, awwwwwwww yes that would be the case but like the scratch on the sprocket cover it really doesn't matter.

Now I know your not downing Stihl as a whole, stirring the pot yes and thats cool. Sawtroll you like and want to help out. Let me say I don't need any help stirring the pot, you are in this thread aren't you,haha. The numbers are ALL on my side and untill someone posts some to counter with something thats better I guess all I can say is this, its good to be the King,:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh I posted a pic of quailty gone down hill, its not Stihl though, how can that be,hehe

Back