If you were to buy a new saw 60 cc and under

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
261cxb from TN

Pros -

Power of a 60cc
Will pull 18" 3/8 .063 in hard hardwood
Build and durability
Perfect double dogs - 361 kit
m-tronic
Stihl bars/chains
The most effective air filtration available
A proper chain tensioner
Inboard clutch
Parts availability
Made in america (?)
Decent fastenings that fasten
Will not fall out of the truck on its own

Cons -

It weighs slightly more than a similar saw (empty)
Costs slightly more than a similar saw
Apparently has bad handling but I've never noticed it, actually prefer it to others

The owners of 261cms love them, the owners of MastermindWorkSaws ported 261cxbs rave over them

I'm taking my time and finding one set of professional work saws that fit/suit me perfectly and the 261cxb is on that list.

It is that good a tool

Now If I could only find some ported 261 videos? That might seal the deal. But, where should I look???:chainsaw:

The Echo CS-590 is $400.00 new, and it's a really well built saw.

Some of the posts in this thread make me chuckle. It's not the size of the saw, but the hands behind it.;) Most of my firewood is cut with saws 50cc or less these days. Any of the pro 50cc saws will get the job done and then some.

Some of the posts in this thread make me chuckle. It's not the size of the saw, but the hands behind it.;) Most of my firewood is cut with saws 50cc or less these days. Any of the pro 50cc caws will get the job done and then some.

Well that's putting it nice Andre. :cheers:

Some of the posts in this thread make me chuckle. It's not the size of the saw, but the hands behind it.;) Most of my firewood is cut with saws 50cc or less these days. Any of the pro 50cc saws will get the job done and then some.

Thank you, But I have to lean hard to the stihl, because that is what my dealer is. But where could one buy an echo like that?

I'm not a good actor
MMMS261xb w/ .325" x 18"

Not a race chain, or superduper secret sharp hand filed chain.
Off the shelf, dealer stock chain

Looks good from here, thank you

Back