If you were to buy a new saw 60 cc and under

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is the specs on the 590 also it is priced 389 with the 18'' and 399 with the 20''.
Engine Displacement (cc) 59.8
Engine Displacement (cu in) 3.65
Starting System Standard
Ignition System Digital
Carburetor Butterfly-Valve Diaphragm (without purge pump)
Oiling System Automatic/Adjustable (Clutch-Driven)
Vibration Reduction System Standard
Standard Bar Lengths (in) 18, 20
Optional Bar Lengths (in) 16, 24, 27
Fuel Capacity (fl. oz.) 21.8
Oil Capacity (fl oz) 10.1
Dry Weight (lbs)1 13.3
Bar Cover Plastic
Sprocket Type Spur
Handle Plastic
Consumer Warranty 5 years
Commercial Warranty 1 years

i got baby hands....... but no my hands ache because of my public job from lifting all the time.

here is the specs on the 590 also it is priced 389 with the 18'' and 399 with the 20''.
Starting System Standard
Ignition System Digital
Dry Weight (lbs)1 13.3
Bar Cover Plastic
Sprocket Type Spur
Handle Plastic

I see you own a 590. What do you like/dislike about it?

Randy In your opinion how do the newer ported 60cc saws compare to the 262xp?

They all turn up pretty well. I'm overly fond of the new stratified M/T Stihls.....

The Solo 656 will hand it too a ms261/550xp with ease as they do with most of their models. For example the 665 IS the strongest 60 cc saw...the 681 will smoke a 461 or 576xp and IS definitely the strongest 80cc saw on the market. You won't need to port a 656 solo....it has way better power to wieght ratio than anything offered by the major two. As they have been making saws in west Germany longer than both Stihl and Husky, l would not discount them as a choice as they know a thing or two about saws. They just don't have the advertising $$ too force those facts down your throat. These saws have been out since 2009 and only recently has the 'AS' community started to realize how good they are. The Dollar 6400/7900 are regarded as stellar saws around here but you mention Solo and everyone goes 'wtf'.....well Solo designed the 6400/7300/7900 saws for Dolmar....but hey they get no credit for that.

Well said my friend.

And when Dolmar didn't want Solo selling a saw in the states that was built on the same chassis.......I think that's when they decided to build a saw that covered over class.

Starting System Standard
Ignition System Digital
Dry Weight (lbs)1 13.3
Bar Cover Plastic
Sprocket Type Spur
Handle Plastic

That doesn't look too good, and then the power specs are left out, for the obvious reason - it is low, at 3.0 kW/4.1 hp....

...but then it is cheap, at least in the US.

run a 590 and it will change you're mind it will embarrass some of the so called better brands.
and the build quality is excellent this isn't a clamshell saw.

So far I really like everything about the CS-590. Quality is on par with the others, or better IMHO. When it comes to durability, the word on the street is they seem to be doing as well or better than than the current Stihl and Husqvarna offerings. Now this I can tell you as fact. The construction is so well laid out and simple to work on, it's not even funny. I can't say the same about the ms362. I haven't been in a 562 yet, but from what I've seen it looks about the same as the 362.

I had the 590 with me at the Indiana gig, it was well received to say the least. IMHO it's the best firewood saw for the money, and one of the best period.

here is the specs on the 590 also it is priced 389 with the 18'' and 399 with the 20''. Engine Displacement (cc) 59.8
snip
Fuel Capacity (fl. oz.) 21.8 Oil Capacity (fl oz) 10.1 Dry Weight (lbs)1 13.3
Sprocket Type Spur
Handle Plastic
What does a rim drive conversion cost? In a way shouldn't that cost be added in to an apples to apples comparison?

What does a rim drive conversion cost? In a way shouldn't that cost be added in to an apples to apples comparison?

Why not just use the spur until it's worn out? That's my plan. The bar isn't the best, but I don't see a reason it shouldn't last the average firewood guy a few years, likely longer.

still got the spur on my 590 .... when it is worn I will change it,
i dont think the spur hurts the saw performance
mines ported, but i want another new 590 just muffler modded, I have (2) cs370 echos
thay are wonderfull for smaller stuff.... I could be happy with (2) 590's
would use them more in my 24 saw plan :p :p than any others.
btw ...to the original poster
with a 16" bar (as he said for 16" to 18" bar) the thing handles really good and cuts quick!!

this could be my 4 saw plan... for real

Since you're porting this saw then a 550xp will def put a smile on your face. It would be a weapon there after as it is standard. You really need to try both the 261 and a 550xp. I did and was a easy decision there after. A 261 is not what a 50cc should be. Gawd i sound like someone else on here.... :laugh:

Latest posts

Back