I'm absolutely sick!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad, I'm sorry to hear about your dad's saw. I like saw dr.'s thinking on the matter. I would keep an eye out where the saw was stolen from. These guys are scared and might put your saw back where they took it from at night. Keep pressure on the tree guy and the police. I would call the police at least twice a day maybe three, 1st , 2nd, and 3rd shift. They will find your saw or the thieves just to get you off there back.
GL Kevin

Brad i'm very sorry to here about your dads saw. I have had it happen to my dad so i know how you feel. About three years ago the place a was working at got broke into and 5k in tools was stolen from me, combined they got about 20k worth. The cops didn't mess with it long and we were out. What i'm getting at is you will have to do all the investigating if you want the saw back. Like others have mentioned the cops have alot to do and the saw theft is chump change to them. Keep us posted and again sorry your going through this, hope you get it back.

I hate to hear of anything getting stolen. Especially saws.
I know you may already know this but I'll say it again. I would imagine that in Ohio as North Carolina the county Sheriff's Office recieves a monthly report of all items sold to pawn shops across the state. Be vigilent in checking this info out. Im not sure whether it will be weekly bi weekly most likely will be monthly though. That may help ya.

Brad,
Man, that’s gotta hurt. But hey, might this salve-up the least bit of comfort for you: Just remember, you still have your dad!
Here’s the story about my father and my grandfather: I tell friends (though it’s the least bit humorous, it’s so gut-wrenching sad), I tell them that my granddaddy died in the woods, my daddy died in the woods—and I working on it.
My grandfather, age 52, was heading to hunt camp with his buddies. On the two-track to their cabin a fellow whose camp was located a bit farther in was mired down in front of them. Grandpa and his pals got out to hump the guy on up the rut. Lifting on the bumper, he went down, and that was it for grandpa. As for dad, age 71, he’d just finished heap-loading his ’52 Ford pickup with oak and hickory, threw his saw on top, then sat down on the running board. That was it for dad. I’m a long-distance hiker, age 72 now, spend all the time I possibly can in the woods, either cutting firewood or trekking. Love both, especially the many months and thousands of miles on the trail. But my time is coming; actually it’s way past.
Anyway, Brad, be thankful, the saw’s gone, but your dad’s still with you!
God Bless,
Old Crosscut…

Tuff situation. If you really think the stump removal guy has it i would set him up at a buddys house. Have hime come down to do a job and tell him he is going to need a big saw to cut the stump down first. The thing is unless he is a total moron (which he could be) he probably dumped the saw. If he left the card (even before he took the saw) he should realize that she has it and ditch the saws asap.

A few of my friends have had thier saws stolen it really sucks. any chance the homeowners insurance will replace the saw?

People will steal anything at anytime gotta be really careful. every once in a while i forget to pull my saw out of my truck and have to climb out of bed at 2 am to go put it away.

Headed up there now with Dad. Brought binoculars to scope the place. /QUOTE]

Brad Snelling, Private Eye....

bincoulars1.53175851.jpg

Now this sucks!!!

Hate to hear about your Dad's saw being stolen. I wish you and he the very best on finding it. Be careful in your actions though, the saw can be replaced.

good luck. wouldnt it be great if his truck was there and the saw was sitting in the back unharmed?

It's not in his trucks, lol. Walked up, opened the door, looked around, nothing. I went up and knocked on the door to ask if he had any used saws for sale but he wasn't home. A girl stuck her head out of the door across street and told me he might be home in an hour.

If you live in a trailer park you are automatically branded as trash and/or a possible thief?

In general, yes. Most that live in trailer parks are so... unless they're more like a travel trailer park, like my grandpa down in Texas. Those travel trailer parks are much nicer than those mobile home trailer parks. I know of a few trsailer parks around here, and one of them, my dad and I drove around to try to find a car that was for sale, and man, the hair on the backs of our necks stood up, so we got the heck outta there. Some of those places are just creepy and unnerving. Best stay out of most of them... unless you are really bold and on a mission, like Brad. :)

Brad, good luck, and hopefully the guy will be honest and give you your saw back... if not, then something needs to be done, but I don't know if picking a fight with someone in a trailer park is the best idea... they might be a tight-knit community.

IF Brad were going back in an hour, I think the best thing he can do is gamble. And by that I mean take a deputy sheriff or police officer and/assuming the cops will and i think they would. When the guy opens the door Brad needs to tell him he knows he has the saw and if he returns it right then and there or takes him to the saw then no charges would be pressed. Its a gamble, but a good one I beleive.....................

And by that I mean take a deputy sheriff or police officer and/assuming the cops will and i think they would. When the guy opens the door Brad needs to tell him he knows he has the saw and if he returns it right then and there or takes him to the saw then no charges would be pressed. Its a gamble, but a good one I beleive.....................

I don't know how it works in the US but in the UK
1. you would never convince a police officer to attend
2. if he did you have just outright accused someone of doing something you have no real proof for... infront of a police officer
3.probably get done for slander and/or wasting police time

Well, you're probably one of those 6'3" 220 pound guys like me that people just don't get on the wrong side of. :)

You had saws back then, right? So they didn't want to wake up tied to their bed while hearing a saw rev up and seeing the chain getting closer and closer to their leg... :D

Latest posts

Back