Look What THALL Gave Me!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drysumpjet

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Tom gave me 2 saws, a 009 with a broken handle and cracked case but had good internals and a 011AV with a nice case but had a "bad fuel" day. (no oil)

Put best parts of the 2 together, plus gaskets, seals, and one AV mount and ended up with this! Runs perfect!

It's a nice addition to the collection. Due to it's small size, the wife called it a Barbie Doll saw; I offered to paint it pink for her and even she was offended by that!

Thanks Tom!

Congrats on the gift. Tommy is a heck of a guy. I've been so busy that I haven't stopped by in a week or two. I gotta get back in there and shoot the breeze with him soon.

Nice I had a 011 avt and blew it up years ago. I scrapped it and wish I would have packratted it away and I could have got it out and rebuilt it. Now how do I get Thall to send me a project? :clap:

Tom gave me 2 saws, a 009 with a broken handle and cracked case but had good internals and a 011AV with a nice case but had a "bad fuel" day. (no oil)

Put best parts of the 2 together, plus gaskets, seals, and one AV mount and ended up with this! Runs perfect!

It's a nice addition to the collection. Due to it's small size, the wife called it a Barbie Doll saw; I offered to paint it pink for her and even she was offended by that!

Thanks Tom!

I bet he sold you a new chain for it didn't he. He's to ornery to sharpen one of the old ones for you while you waited.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I bet he sold you a new chain for it didn't he. He's to ornery to sharpen one of the old ones for you while you waited.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, he bought two chains for it, for real,LOL

Thanks Tom!

Hell Joe them ole saws tant nothing. Now them cookies ya wifey makes me, now they are worth talking about, yummmmmmmmmmmmy. Long as she keeps baking me goodies you will always get a few freebie goodies at the shop, I feel I'm getting the better end of the deal.

Oh note, tell your wife I may have to sue her. Seems them cookies have put alittle weight on my mass of luv muscle. I stepped on the scale the other day and went what the hell, that can't be right. I was eating a cookie at the time,LOLOLOLOL

Last edited:
Both saws had good bars with sharp chains! The bar on the saw in the picture is a 16", the other bar is a 14".

Yes, I did buy 2 spare chains for the smaller bar along with many other parts that I bought from him over the years.

Thanks Again Tom!

i hear he is a "dapper dan man". if you are looking for gift ideas.;)

That thar is a good ideer.[/QUOTE]

Fop, I don't want Fop dayumm it, I'm a dapper Dan man,LOLOL

I had that on the TV today. Ole Randy Peyton came by and he was laffing his butt off watching that movie. Got him for 400.00 before he got out the door,haha

Know about the cookie thing, it's a wonder I don't weigh more than I do!

Way down in the south they have a saying Joe, keepem barefoot and pregnet. In Virginia I say keepem behind the stove baking,LOLOL

Your wife is a great baker, her food tastes great. I remember many years ago when I was married sometimes there would be something on the table. I would sniff it, look at it, touch it and then go what the hell is that, dayummed if I'm eating that. She never liked me talking like that. I say tuff, ya gotta protect your own stomach, no one else is gonna do it for ya,LOLOL

Latest posts

Back