Mastermind meets the NE346XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't even port one of these without an unlimited coil. That baby's got to go. I buy OEM used ones off eBay. No AM coils for me. I run 8-pin on smaller wood and 7-pin on bigger.

When I pulled the plug to check compression I could see that it's pretty fat. I would like to put an unlimited coil on it and tune some more but the owner is ready for it to come home. :(

When I pulled the plug to check compression I could see that it's pretty fat. I would like to put an unlimited coil on it and tune some more but the owner is ready for it to come home. :(

No unlimited coil needed... The poor old 028 will have a hard enough time stomping Wendell as it is!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

A little late, But she looks good Randy! Any final durations? :)

I think a 346 is one of the hardest saws Ive ever tried to tune by ear, the damn things turn so fast you have to have a good ear to hear the four stroking...of course I aint been at this game too long either.

A little late, But she looks good Randy! Any final durations? :)

I think a 346 is one of the hardest saws Ive ever tried to tune by ear, the damn things turn so fast you have to have a good ear to hear the four stroking...of course I aint been at this game too long either.

Sorry. I forgot to add the final numbers. :(

Intake Duration: 156° = From TDC 78°
Exhaust Duration: 156° = From TDC 102°
Blowdown: 18° = From TDC 120°

Compression 165psi

A unlimited coil is in route for the saw and I've got a 8 pin .325 rim and a "special" chain to go on it. I'll make at least one more video before it heads back north. :)

I made a couple of cuts with it today and......well, I gotta get me one of these damn saws. :rock:

Thanks Randy. They are pretty strong in stock form. I thought about porting mine, but it serves the purpose as it.....may do it one day later on.

I think you'll like the 8 pin on the ported saw. I ran one on mine for a bit and it was killer in small wood, even on a stock saw. I put the 7 back on it for my use. I have a .325 that I half assed square filed.....it throws some decent shavings!!:rock:

Oh yeah, Repped!

Thanks Randy. They are pretty strong in stock form. I thought about porting mine, but it serves the purpose as it.....may do it one day later on.

I think you'll like the 8 pin on the ported saw. I ran one on mine for a bit and it was killer in small wood, even on a stock saw. I put the 7 back on it for my use. I have a .325 that I half assed square filed.....it throws some decent shavings!!:rock:

Oh yeah, Repped!

I like the reps. It never pays muh light bill but it's a fun, friendly competition. :rock:

I ran the 346xp against my ported 026 today. The 346xp is so much stronger that I'm looking to sell this 026. :msp_ohmy:

Back