Mastermind meets the NE346XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Compressions at 165psi right now. I figure it'll climb a bit more as it seals back up.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Not trying to rain on the thread, but it appeared to me that the time to cut "in stock form" was 10 seconds and the time to cut "in ported form" was 10 seconds. Am I wrong or did I miss something?
The smaller wood with the semi-rotten center is 6 seconds and when you dogged the saw it was about 7 seconds.

Just wondering if I have the times wrong or something.

Sam

Not trying to rain on the thread, but it appeared to me that the time to cut "in stock form" was 10 seconds and the time to cut "in ported form" was 10 seconds. Am I wrong or did I miss something?
The smaller wood with the semi-rotten center is 6 seconds and when you dogged the saw it was about 7 seconds.

Just wondering if I have the times wrong or something.

Sam

Could have slowed it down for all I know? It's a little larger chunk of wood in the second video, and it's all hard as hell. Wiggs told me to quit using that damn hickory for videos. :laugh:

Could have slowed it down for all I know? It's a little larger chunk of wood in the second video, and it's all hard as hell. Wiggs told me to quit using that damn hickory for videos. :laugh:

I stop watched the top 2... 10.3 stock VS 9.6... If you're running similar RPM's you can expect similar times... Where you should really notice the difference, is when you go up a size in bar length... Those 346's are pretty lively... Even in stock form...:rock:

I stop watched the top 2... 10.3 stock VS 9.6... If you're running similar RPM's you can expect similar times... Where you should really notice the difference, is when you go up a size in bar length... Those 346's are pretty lively... Even in stock form...:rock:

Well thanks for that. I was going into panic mode and stuff. :D

Yeah, they are a strong saw even stock. It needs a 3/8 7 pin setup to shine now that it has more torque. One other thing to keep in mind is the timing numbers are low for a high rpm screamer. That wasn't the plan here to begin with. A good solid work saw with plenty of torque was the plan.

Randy, another fine job. However I did notice something in the MM picture...............you ran out of those pink muffler covers, I guess my MS 390 got the last one. Rather unfortunate for everyone else. It really makes the saw "pop" visually.

If it has the torque and the difference isn't too great one way or the other in cookie cutting times, I'd rather run the 3/8" chain on it, as it will cut more wood than the .325 before needing to sharpen and the chains will last a lot long. So again, it might be that the .325 is faster in seconds and slower in minutes overall.

Just a thought,

Sam

It needs a .325 chisel chain to shine. What's it turning at WOT?

It's got a limited coil on it.

So you're saying a good .325. 7 or 8 pin my friend?

Randy, another fine job. However I did notice something in the MM picture...............you ran out of those pink muffler covers, I guess my MS 390 got the last one. Rather unfortunate for everyone else. It really makes the saw "pop" visually.

Those things are a hit at the GTGs, Everyone loves pink!!! :cheers:

Wendell ain't gonna be happy when his 346 gets spanked by my 028 at the GTG...
:waaaht:

Must be a bad ass 028. My 026 can't keep up.

Repped.

Good job Randy!

After porting, I really had to lean my 346 OE out and get the rpm up. Made a big difference! I don't think I'd be able to tune mine with a limited coil...

Also, I did a bunch of research on which chain is fastest on a 346xp, modded or not and .325 chisel always came out on top. Believe 7 pin also.

seems like i know where 2 brand new swedish made 325 058 16'' bars are hanging,i think youve seen them too randy

Back