Mastermind Worksaws Finally Gets More Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So for the price of a few links added to a chain, I thought I would add to Bubba's thread and give you my 2 cents. I always envied a band that could play live music with the same polish and artistry as the studio version that mastered all the recordings they offered for sale. Exhibit A:

There is a "Greatest Generation" of veterans, and a Greatest Generation of rock musicians, I am fortunate to have known both....:guitar: :bowdown:

Same here Duane.

I remember my dad smacking me across the back of the head when I was about 7 years old because I neglected to acknowledge a few "old guys" that were sitting on a bench outside the local general store. I just walked past the men........but dad asked them about the weather and whatnot. When we got inside he smacked me.

I get it now......

Those "old guys" were all WW2 vets. Little did I know at the time, but we all owed our freedom to those men......

I've never forgotten that lesson........and will always acknowledge my elders with a "how are you today sir?", or a "we could sure a little rain huh?". It's the least we can do you show the ones that came before us how much we appreciate them making a place in the world for us.

I miss the day when musicians in the mainstream where really that musicians. The days of Clapton, Hendrix and the like are long gone.

There are some really good new bands out there. You just need to dig deeper my friend. :)

Those "old guys" were all WW2 vets. Little did I know at the time, but we all owed our freedom to those men......

I've never forgotten that lesson........and will always acknowledge my elders with a "how are you today sir?", or a "we could sure a little rain huh?". It's the least we can do you show the ones that came before us how much we appreciate them making a place in the world for us.

[/QUOTE]
SOME agreement..there are those,,that are older,,id never call elder,,,,ever....but I do know what you are refering to..........

I never got that lesson when i was younger even having half my family serve and spending my childhood looking through shoe boxes full of pics from WW2. We have some pretty gruesome pics that my grandpa brought back/mailed back. Now that i am a little older i realize jsut what is owed to those guys.

I never got that lesson when i was younger even having half my family serve and spending my childhood looking through shoe boxes full of pics from WW2. We have some pretty gruesome pics that my grandpa brought back/mailed back. Now that i am a little older i realize jsut what is owed to those guys.
and then you've got,, the leftwingers,, that want all vets dead...............:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: hacks.....

I saw a band at Roo this past week that had three violins, and one fiddle.

It occurred when Trampled By Turtles was joined on stage by a string quartet.

:D
Was it good? I usually really like that mixed genre type of music. Glad you got to see Trampled By Turtles.

Same here Duane.

I remember my dad smacking me across the back of the head when I was about 7 years old because I neglected to acknowledge a few "old guys" that were sitting on a bench outside the local general store. I just walked past the men........but dad asked them about the weather and whatnot. When we got inside he smacked me.

I get it now......

Those "old guys" were all WW2

There are some really good new bands out there. You just need to dig deeper my friend. :)

You are right on both fronts. My grandfather served in WWII I grew up with him telling me there was nothing cool about war and I never got it. I thought all those war movies were so cool watched the all the time. Then as young man when I was standing in Iraq enduring my own LITTLE piece of war his words rang through my ears like a loud speaker. The older I get the wiser those people that raised me get.

On the music front you are correct there are still some great artists out there. I was getting at the fact that these artists are so far over shadowed by popular artists that lack the talent of those that are still in the shadows. I hope this makes sense.

So for the price of a few links added to a chain, I thought I would add to Bubba's thread and give you my 2 cents. I always envied a band that could play live music with the same polish and artistry as the studio version that mastered all the recordings they offered for sale. Exhibit A:

Here ya go.....

Was it good? I usually really like that mixed genre type of music. Glad you got to see Trampled By Turtles.

Me too.........made the whole thing worth it. They were really good.

I was getting at the fact that these artists are so far over shadowed by popular artists that lack the talent of those that are still in the shadows. I hope this makes sense.

Yeah........that makes perfect sense.

Mainstream music sorta sucks these days.

There is a "Greatest Generation" of veterans, and a Greatest Generation of rock musicians, I am fortunate to have known both....:guitar: :bowdown:

Same here Duane.

I get it now......

Each is entitled to their opinion but I would say that each and every generation of veteran or service member is the greatest. I was thinking today how many people say "Thank you for your service" or things to that effect, but no one in the service does it for the "Thank you", I appreciate those who say it but I would much rather see someone say "Thank you" by their vote, support to WWO or the like. Not to de-rail your thread farther but people will not see what we have/had to loose until it is gone.

Back