Mission Backpack MS460 joat/Brad/Terry project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure some others would have benefited from some further tuning tweaks etc with one running particularly rich and another getting snagged by the dawgs.

The winning times are just that.
Several of us did. Matter of fact, I requested that the 36 second time not be posted. It was not at all representative of the saw. Stumpy was not there to tune it. I retuned it and cut a 28 with it.

Last edited:
I've had to go back and read this 4 or 5 times now.I still don't believe this as I've never really won anything before.

I'm......
speechless
stunned
shocked

all of the above.

A very special thanks to all that made this happen and all the people that contributed.

Last edited:
scooterbum is the winner of the ms460

riverrat2 is the winner of the ms290

brian bauman is the winner of the chaps (cant find his as name)

jerrycmorrow is the winner of the husqvarna forestry helmet

number37 is the winner of the dual port ms4600 cover

very cool, been wanting one of those. congrats to the other winners. very deep appreciation and blessings to those who hosted, donated prizes, and worked on this project (i won't list their names cause i'd surely leave someone out). wish i coulda given more for such a very worthy cause.

I've had to go back and read this 4 or 5 times now.I still don't believe this as I've never really won anything before.

I'm......
speechless
stunned
shocked

all of the above.

A very special thanks to all that made this happen and all the people that contributed.

Congrats! I've got your saw still. I'll contact you through PM for the shipping details.

I'm......
speechless
stunned
shocked

all of the above.

Thats awesome man. I am very happy for you. Enjoy that saw! It'a a real"barn burner" for sure. Brad did an incredible job on her. You are a lucky man. Congrats!

I'm......
speechless
stunned
shocked

all of the above.

couldnt have happened to a nicer guy!!!!!! happy for you dude,,,, you have one stout Snellerized saw there bud,,, and the donations either time, money or whatever is helping those less fortunate than us,,,,

It all good!!!!

yes riverrat2 (rick) won the ms290 it left with him in the hoopty

Hey Tlandrum,,, check your PMs,, Spdrmnky says the 36 length chaps will be fine,,, Please send them to him,,and let me know what the shipping is and I will hook you up!!!!

Thanks Brad. Rep when I can.

I got him for ya Stumpy

Last edited:
Mission Backpack Wrapup

Thanks to all for your support!

I want to give a special thanks to Terry, Brad, Nik, Andre and WorkSawCollector. Big thanks to the Johnson's for letting this take place on their site.

After PayPal fees, $2882 was collected. I rounded this off to $3000 and made the official donation yesterday. In talking with the program director yesterday, I want to report this:

Mission Backpack started with 25 children receiving weekend food donations and is now up to 42 children. The increase is caused by several homeless families that now have children attending the school. Another family just lost their 32 year old dad to a heart attack and of course, their financial abilities are now limited.

Folks, there's so much hurting in this world right now and I believe it's very proper to focus on children. Children don't bring financial hardship upon themselves. A chance to get a good school education is so important. And, having proper food makes a big difference in their ability to take advantage of educational opportunities. No, we can't fix all the world's problems, but if we can all help one or two, we can make a huge difference. Let me assure you that you have made a difference.

Peace,

joat

Last edited:
cool

Thanks to all for your support!

I want to give a special thanks to Terry, Brad, Nik, Andre and WorkSawCollector. Big thanks to the Johnson's for letting this take place on their site.

After PayPay fees, $2882 was collected. I rounded this off to $3000 and made the official donation yesterday. In talking with the program director yesterday, I want to report this:

Mission Backpack started with 25 children receiving weekend food donations and is now up to 42 children. The increase is caused by several homeless families that now have children attending the school. Another family just lost their 32 year old dad to a heart attack and of course, their financial abilities are now limited.

Folks, there's so much hurting in this world right now and I believe it's very proper to focus on children. Children don't bring financial hardship upon themselves. A chance to get a good school education is so important. And, having proper food makes a big difference in their ability to take advantage of educational opportunities. No, we can't fix all the world's problems, but if we can all help one or two, we can make a huge difference. Let me assure you that you have made a difference.

Peace,

joat

;)

Back