Mission Backpack enters MS460 buildoff. Place your bid.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a good price on one now. They're marked $969 with a 24" b/c at the co-op. It's good the dealer helped you out on the price.

I've received the money for the saw from Joat. My dealer is giving me a great price of $875 with a 28" B&C. I told him what it was for and he has one on the shelf. I'll pick it up in the morning and post some teaser pics.

:rock: I like teaser pics, can I use your buildoff saw pic as my avatar?

Not trying to derail your guys ideas, but putting it up for auction in my opinion might limit the price that can be raised...

You would probably be able to double the amount raised if you did a raffle like Arrowhead did...

Most of the guys here are willing to step and do whatever we can to help, but several are limited on the funds we have available...

Okay, I'll go back to my corner now...

Cool, thanks Brad.

I know this is not my BBQ and its Joats call, but think the saw needs a Arborist Site, Terry's Buildoff, Joatmon, blsnelling, Fatguy stickers all over it. Kind of like a Nascar. :msp_thumbup:

Cool, thanks Brad.

I know this is not my BBQ and its Joats call, but think the saw needs a Arborist Site, Terry's Buildoff, Joatmon, blsnelling, Fatguy stickers all over it. Kind of like a Nascar. :msp_thumbup:

I'm sure we've got those here that have experience in decal creation and printing. Something on a clear vinyl would be nice.

Just a reminder (I'm not an accountant but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night), if the check is made payable directly to the church then 100% of the payment is tax deductable.

Not trying to derail your guys ideas, but putting it up for auction in my opinion might limit the price that can be raised...

You would probably be able to double the amount raised if you did a raffle like Arrowhead did...

Most of the guys here are willing to step and do whatever we can to help, but several are limited on the funds we have available...

Okay, I'll go back to my corner now...

It would be nice to have a raffle for a good cause to purge the demons of the last one.

Not my decision, but I'm sure you'll raise at least twice the money with a raffle.

It would be nice to have a raffle for a good cause to purge the demons of the last one.

Not my decision, but I'm sure you'll raise at least twice the money with a raffle.

True, but doing it this way makes it a bit simpler on the effected parties... Plus it's easier to outbid you and Stephen this way...:D

It's not my call, but I know from experience that keeping track of a raffle is a HUGE job. The last one I had a part in was not kept track of well by the guy that was supposed to be doing it. It was a huge mess to deal with when it came time for the drawing. You have to stay on top of it constantly.

Just a reminder (I'm not an accountant but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night), if the check is made payable directly to the church then 100% of the payment is tax deductable.

These days the church sends you a receipt. On it they list the funds received from you, and the value of anything that you received from the church in return for your contribution. Your charitable deduction is the excess of the cash over the value received. Easiest way to value it would be for Brad to give the church bookkeeper a copy of the $875 receipt from the dealer.

Joat's making the real contribution here, $875 out of pocket.

Brad's donating labor (no income, no deduction) and possibly parts (deductible as advertising expense for Snellerized Saws or as charity on Brad's schedule A, but not both).

It's not my call, but I know from experience that keeping track of a raffle is a HUGE job. The last one I had a part in was not kept track of well by the guy that was supposed to be doing it. It was a huge mess to deal with when it came time for the drawing. You have to stay on top of it constantly.

And, in my state anyway, the church would need a gaming license to run a raffle. If a private individual were to run the raffle and turn the proceeds over to the church, then it would really get complicated if you wanted to keep it legal.

Last edited:
First of all!! What a great idea and a great cause.....Two thumbs way up for all involved!!!:msp_thumbsup:

I must say in these tight economic times, most people can afford a few bucks for raffle type things, but coughing up over a grand is pretty tough for most........Just sayin'

I would take 3 raffle tickets for 10 dollars each. Most of the guys here would also take some. It is a great cause and donating a few bucks with the chance to win a great saw would be a winner for everyone involved. Just my opinion. Open a paypal acct. Make it easy to donate. You can also look at it this way. A 1000 to 1500 is great for the charity. But getting 2000 to 3000 from a raffle would help more kids.

buy ticket

i would buy a few raffle tickets.k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back