Mission Backpack MS460 joat/Brad/Terry project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap:

We should try to do something like this again...

Thanks to all for your support!

I want to give a special thanks to Terry, Brad, Nik, Andre and WorkSawCollector. Big thanks to the Johnson's for letting this take place on their site.

After PayPay fees, $2882 was collected. I rounded this off to $3000 and made the official donation yesterday. In talking with the program director yesterday, I want to report this:

Mission Backpack started with 25 children receiving weekend food donations and is now up to 42 children. The increase is caused by several homeless families that now have children attending the school. Another family just lost their 32 year old dad to a heart attack and of course, their financial abilities are now limited.

Folks, there's so much hurting in this world right now and I believe it's very proper to focus on children. Children don't bring financial hardship upon themselves. A chance to get a good school education is so important. And, having proper food makes a big difference in their ability to take advantage of educational opportunities. No, we can't fix all the world's problems, but if we can all help one or two, we can make a huge difference. Let me assure you that you have made a difference.

Peace,

joat

Maybe make this the official AS charity?

Just thinkin'

Would do a bunch of kids some good.

460 ways to celebrate Christmas?

:clap:

We should try to do something like this again...

Just thinkin'

OK, here's the deal. Steve (Scooterbum) :rock: is donating the joatBrad460 to be raffled off again with proceeds going to Mission Backpack. Steve has put a half-dozen tanks through it and it now sports a 20" bar and chain.

I'm thinking about cutting this off on December the 24th with the drawing to be Christmas morning at 8:00 AM, EST. Please post any ideas you may have.

joat

OK, here's the deal. Steve (Scooterbum) :rock: is donating the joatBrad460 to be raffled off again with proceeds going to Mission Backpack. Steve has put a half-dozen tanks through it and it now sports a 20" bar and chain.

I'm thinking about cutting this off on December the 24th with the drawing to be Christmas morning at 8:00 AM, EST. Please post any ideas you may have.

joat

Excellent! Im sure my wife wouldn't mind handleing the donations with her paypal if no one else wants to handle it

joat

I missed this with the page change, so quoting it forward. Way to go Steve:clap:

Thanks for the update, joat! And thanks to scooterbum for paying it forward!!

Really a class act Steve!!!! awesome,,, exactly what I intended to do had I won it,,,,

this is perfect,,,, it will make some one a very nice Christmas present

but the best yet is what it will do for the Mission Backpack program!!!!

Just thinkin'

I'm In!!!!!

Last edited:
Back