Ms362 specs,pics.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But saws only need about a 2,000 RPM power band, maybe 3,000 if you're heavy handed.

Most of the videos I've seen on here saws cut the fastest when they are worked kind of hard except for your 260, that one just rips but then it's not even close to stock. ON the power band my Husky 55 might have a 200 RPM power band, slow it down and it su&&& . Steve

Most of the videos I've seen on here saws cut the fastest when they are worked kind of hard except for your 260, that one just rips but then it's not even close to stock.

Only thing that 260 has different than most ported saws is a bigger carb. His might be race only but mine can work and hand any other ported 50cc saw it's azz on a platter. Stihl should have put those carbs on from the factory.

Horsepower isn't everything, and factory HP specs are just a rough estimate.

You are close, but actually they usually are pretty accurate, according to independant dyno testing - the issue is that they just are a snapshot of one point of the power and torque curves.

Last edited:
Only thing that 260 has different than most ported saws is a bigger carb. His might be race only but mine can work and hand any other ported 50cc saw it's azz on a platter. Stihl should have put those carbs on from the factory.

So you have a 044 carb on your 260, muffler modded and ported. Maybe just tell what you all did to it. I can't figure out why some saws come out with puny carbs either, it's almost like they want to choke them up, a lot of gain can be made easy with a bigger carb and muffer mod on those saws. Steve

So you have a 044 carb on your 260, muffler modded and ported. Maybe just tell what you all did to it. I can't figure out why some saws come out with puny carbs either, it's almost like they want to choke them up, a lot of gain can be made easy with a bigger carb and muffer mod on those saws. Steve

Got a 026 like that, I don't know who did the head but it is sweet. I'd like to have the flippy capped 260 version and may end up switching over if I can find a nice used one. The stock carb/air fitler for those saws could be improved a lot. I've been trying to mod the stock filter so I can put the filter cover back on but using a green weenie works best. Just don't have a choke with the weenie and that makes it a pain to start. It's been a "work in progress", LOL. Easy to do, I just used Brad's thread and added a few of my own steps. You need the thread?

But saws only need about a 2,000 RPM power band, maybe 3,000 if you're heavy handed.

That's a very good point, but you can load a 441 a lot more than a stock 372. I'm not saying a 441 will out cut a 372, it just has an easier to live with torque curve. The downside is obviously the added weight.:cheers:

12 pages and counting,man you idiots are easy! The whole time it was right there on the website,bye,bye now! Hope we can do it again sometime!

:spam: You have demonstrated a very bad attitude, even though I suspected the "specs" in post #1 was fake from the outset - but I have no free bullets at the moment now, so I can't send you into red rep status right now.......:censored:

I gave you the benefit of the doubt for a long time, but you short-cutted that!

Btw, the thread turned into a quite interesting one, but that is not thanks to you.

Last edited:
Got my first neg rep out of this thread. Sorry STD I had not neg rep'd you yet. But I call'em like I see'em.:fart:

Haven't been here anywhere near as long as you but I got a negative rep from STD also.

He insults AS members not 1 or 2 but every member following his thread. Then he starts handing out the red. Bull :censored:

It looks like STD is returning all the red rep he got.

"I'm sorry" usually works better. But whatever, you seem to know how to make friends all on your own so I won't offer advice.

Welllllll thennnn....

You and turkeyslayer get green Rep to balance things out as soon as I get some Bullets loaded.

The guy was irksome, and now this pedantic little fit. LOL!!

I hope he gets over it. Life is too short for a full time messy diaper fit.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Last edited:
Back