Natures Comfort 325g

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ran3465

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone running one of these units? If so how do you like it, what are you heating with it, what is wood usage/burn times like? Ive been looking for several months and am leaning towards the 325g. The other thing i want to know is: I have talked to several dealers and they are all pushing the 5 wrap corrugated pipe crap over the foam filled stuff. They all sell both through natures comfort, and they are the same price per foot. What are your guys thoughts??

I am also about to pull the trigger on a 325G. I found a GREAT and I mean unbeatable deal through my dealer here in Southern Indiana. I am going to drive and pick up my stove up at the factory to save on the shipping. I am not far from you over there in Ohio and the stoves are made here in Indiana. If you want to get together on the deal I am into then shoot me a PM. I could pick up your stove and meet you somewhere and we could both save some serious money

the 5 wrap is the way to go. That is what i got on mine it holds it heat pretty good but make sure not to cut the wrap u you get it in side. the string that is in side the tile to put power to your stove i would say to pull it throught first before you bury it.

The 5 wrap pipe is really good at heating the ground. When it comes to the underground insulated pipe, you get exactly what you pay for. The foam filled pipes have proven itself over decades of use. All the TOP OWB companies all recommend using one of the approved foam filled pipes. Top OWB companies and quality underground supply lines go hand in hand for a reason. There is a reason, those multi wrap pipes are not labeled or give any ASTM specifications. They make alot of claims but thats all they are. Usually they come in non oxygen barrier or very small inside diameter sizes, less than 1". When you read alot of the horror story threads on replacing the underground pipes, its this stuff along with the good ole bubble wrap style as well. Seems if that product was as good as its claimed to be, why wouldn't the foam companies use it as well, since its less than half the price and easier to make. Since many times the pipe is as much as the boiler, you'd think they would give their customers another option, unless it doesn't really work and they don't want their name on it.

I have been told the 325g is not a true gasification unit and doesn't meet new or current standards. Has problems maintaining temp and consistent burn. Maybe thats why there is a "good deal" on them. 2nd hand info, so take it for what its not worth. Seems like a good company, but hard to tell since they haven't been around as long as some other OWB companies. Tough business, seems you either love it or you don't, and of course every NEW owner loves them, you have to see 6-10 years down the road and see what they say.

Back