New 50 cc class saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which 50 cc class Husky saw for firewood as I already have a 372XP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
simple answer for all three.

Where are the 2153, 5100 and 260?:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

2153 cost $100 more around here and is ugly.dealers too far away.

5100 is cheaper but feels cheaper too.not as fast and same dealer problem a J-Red.

260 is just plain out dated in this class.fuel and oil caps suck as well as filtration and price of parts. good dealer support though.

i have run a stock 440 plenty. try again. i also didnt need to run one because the stopwatch told the story, 13+ seconds.

i only want my 346 to run a 16" bar. just run the 20" for slappin' 026's back up on the porch or maybe even a 5100 if somebody with one had big enough onions to put their saw where their mouth is.

as i recall the stock 460 cut 11.9 seconds and your built 460 cut 8.3 seconds. that is exactly a 30% gain and very common for a good woods ported saw. you must have one hella' "stock" 440.

to refresh your memory seeing its failing:

built 460 8.3
stock 460 11.9
stock redmax621 12.9
built 346 13.0
stock 044 13+
stock 361 14.6

how you got a stock 440 to run 11.0 in an undocumented run is beyond me!

:monkey:

After seeing the times from Fred's 044 and 460, I had to check out what my 440 would do. Tuned it and had the gf tape about 6 cuts all in the 11.2/11.0 range. As I said at the gtg, I don't know how to load videos. If you don't want to hear that, you will find out at the next gtg. If that 440 that you have ran can't hand that 346 a *** kickin', you need to bring it next time so I can find the problem. You also left out the 621 killer, Don's 361 at 11.7. I will have a 5100 there next time just to see how it runs, may even go up against the ehp 346.

5100 is cheaper but feels cheaper too.not as fast and same dealer problem a J-Red.

LOL, husky is the cheapest feeling saw I have ever ran, other than a wildthingy......

260 may be outdated but it has out sold all of these for years, I love the caps. The most reliable saw in it's class, no speed demon though. The only guys who don't like the caps are the ones not smart enough to use them.

help me out here.

let me see if i got this strait,

when a 60cc saw beats a 60cc saw by more than 10% its not an arse kickin'.

when a 76cc saw beats a 50cc saw by less than 10% its a stihl arse kickin'???

:confused:

ill give you credit 2K, you keeping beating the drum, even if it is a little out of tune. ill have to send Master THALL a PM to adjust your strings.

LMFAO!

Let me get you straight. Cutting cookies may be your way of showing how good a saw is but it's not out in the woods. You could not have give that 621 away and no way in hell that saw would go out in the woods with me, without a 361. You failed to mention that you made such a big deal out of that "stock" muff mod" 346, then when it came out, you lied. So get some bigger saws, have them ported, muff modded, say their stock, who gives a ****. A mod saw for a mod saw is what is will be from now on.

Let me get you straight. Cutting cookies may be your way of showing how good a saw is but it's not out in the woods. You could not have give that 621 away and no way in hell that saw would go out in the woods with me, without a 361. You failed to mention that you made such a big deal out of that "stock" muff mod" 346, then when it came out, you lied. So get some bigger saws, have them ported, muff modded, say their stock, who gives a ****. A mod saw for a mod saw is what is will be from now on.

So what your saying is wanab's 346 is a ehp modded saw.......So all the people that watch the video's are not seeing the saw they would be getting out of the box from there dealer.....

I was reading other posts from another guy on other threads that said his 346 would beat a 5100 and even posted times....He even mentioned that his 346 was ported and the 5100's were stock.....Thats strange.....:popcorn: :popcorn:

cutting cookies only means nothing when your saws do not come out on top. i not looking to give any 621's away, infact im buying more. as for not taking one into the woods i wouldnt go without it(smiles as he cuts on by all them 361's-440's).

please show me where i ever tried to pass off my 346 as being stock or "stock muffer mod"(is that not one of your favorites, ya, right, i got swamp land in Florida for sale if your interested too).

stock vs. stock, mod vs. mod, thats how we roll!

:cheers:

So what your saying is wanab's 346 is a ehp modded saw.......So all the people that watch the video's are not seeing the saw they would be getting out of the box from there dealer.....

i have one video of a stock 50cc 346, and two videos of a modified 50cc 346 taken at the GTG. both are clearly labled as such.

:)

Last edited:
cutting cookies only means nothing when your saws do not come out on top. i not looking to give any 621's away, infact im buying more. as for not taking one into the woods i wouldnt go without it(smiles as he cuts on by all them 361's-440's).

please show me where i ever tried to pass off my 346 as being stock or "stock muffer mod"(is that not one of your favorites, ya, right, i got swamp land in Florida for sale if your interested too).

It was said at the gtg, you said it to me. You asked about the 026, I said it had a muff mod, you said, good that is all I have too. LOL at the 621, maybe I should buy 2 361s so I can have one that runs good. Oh, my one runs super, no need for another, LOL. Keep throwing your money away on those things, I'm sure you can sell them for twice the amount.:monkey:

I was reading other posts from another guy on other threads that said his 346 would beat a 5100 and even posted times....He even mentioned that his 346 was ported and the 5100's were stock.....Thats strange.....:popcorn: :popcorn:

I call a spade when I see one, he lied and got caught. There will be a "stock" 5100 here next time but I'm sure that 346 will take the long voyage again due to fear.

Most of my saws are for cutting wood and a few are for fun........Fun is something for after the work is done....If timed cuts were that important the manufactures would be doing it ......:) :)

I dont talk **** about who they can beat because I dont care.......I have a few that have a nice background but means nothing to me who raced them in the past.......

Saw racing is a Who had a great day and everything went as planned.......There are great racers that can have a bad day .......

:arg: :arg: :arg: :arg:

Last edited:
LOL. Keep throwing your money away on those things, I'm sure you can sell them for twice the amount.:monkey:

as a matter of fact i do already have one sold.

Last edited:
There is a video of the ehp 346 on said builds site. It is post #1537 and dated 3-28-08. When was this gtg? You can be a wanab all you want. I just don't lie.

There is a video of the ehp 346 on said builds site. It is post #1537 and dated 3-28-08. When was this gtg? You can be a wanab all you want. I just don't lie.

I saw a post like that over at the "racesite" after the 5-10-08 gtg, when he said that his ehp 346 ran good but failed to mentioned it here until he got caught. I don't know if many here, go there, or vice versa but it finally came out.

when he said that his ehp 346 ran good but failed to mentioned it here until he got caught.

i will assure you there where members here that knew my saw was not stock before the GTG and more after. then you make a BIG discovery?

please!

Latest posts

Back