New DOLMARS For The New Year!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLY-JIM

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
About a week ago I picked-up a new 5100S. I've been dying to get this little saw out into some wood; but I've been holding off! The reason I was; is because I was waiting on the arrival of the second half of the equation. Today, the wait stops! My 7900 showed up and now I've got both halfs of the team rearing to go! Both of these saws feel great just picking them up in the hands...I'm not expecting to be dissapointed in the least bit once I've sunk them into wood. I'm going to make a party of it and invite my MS-460 and MS-260P out with us. My 460 doesn't have anything but a DP Muffler on it and I did the Muf Mod on the 260 myself as per Lake's simple instructions. Should be fun! Well, here are a couple of pics of the new childrens in their Sunday go to meet'n clothes (Windsor Bars). Whatcha Think Boys! :cheers:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

:cheers:

Sweet combo

I have never ran any dolmars but from what i have been hearing about them the 5100s may be my next saw. Nice saws. I wanna come play with them.

I have never ran any dolmars but from what i have been hearing about them the 5100s may be my next saw. Nice saws. I wanna come play with them.

LOL. I've never ran them either! When I get these two out...that'll be the first time for me! LOL. I hope they're as good as some of the boys around here say they are! If not...eBay!

:cheers:

The reference point was slightly different, but as we used to say "NOW THAT'S A PAIR THAT BEATS A FULL HOUSE."

Congrats on the great lookin' saws. There is no doubt you are going to have some fun with them.

Hugenpoet

Nice, they're nice saws. I've never ran one, but would like to, and I want one too. I'd like to see how it runs compared to my 385. Is your bar 24"?:greenchainsaw: :clap: :) :cheers:

full comp

Yep...24" with Windsor 70APLX skip chisel.

You might want to try full comp, it should have plenty enough power to pull full comp on a 24". It'll probably hard to keep it under a load with skip.:greenchainsaw:

You might want to try full comp, it should have plenty enough power to pull full comp on a 24". It'll probably hard to keep it under a load with skip.:greenchainsaw:

I hear you, I already have a couple loops of F-Comp for it, I just want to try running skip on it and see how it cuts...I'm guessing it's going to do just fine with the skip.

Last edited:

I hear you, I already have a couple loops of F-Comp for it, I just want to try running skip on it and see how it cuts...I'm guessing it's going to do just fine with the skip.

You'll prolly end up really liking that 7900. It'll do fine with skip, as it's not broke in yet. But once you run a gallon or 2 through it....look out! Let's put it this way you can't stop my 385 with full comp RSK, 24" GB Titanium bar buried in 28" dead white oak. It wants more...and then some!! I'd think you'll really like it when it gets broke in.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Back