New OWB advice needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have a 750 taylor & heat 4300 sq ft -house,shop. I put wood in 10-pm,again at 7 to 8-am,then again at 3to 4 pm. Seems like alot to me? Where you setting your blower at? I keep the blower door about 1/2 to 2/3 open.

but then again ohio is a lot colder than VA - isn't it ?

Overall I am satisfied with the Taylor. I like the fact that even though I am using 3 circuits -0 I still have one left for the spa/pool I might build if my stocks are ever worth more than loose change :)

A friend with a Taylor (can't remember size) heats his house & shop fine but his pool was WAY too much to try and keep warmed. Buth then again with the economy and your stocks (and mine) the way they are you may never have to worry about that :laugh: . Spa would be cool though!

A friend with a Taylor (can't remember size) heats his house & shop fine but his pool was WAY too much to try and keep warmed. Buth then again with the economy and your stocks (and mine) the way they are you may never have to worry about that :laugh: . Spa would be cool though!

:biggrinbounce2: a spa is the size pool i could afford to build right now :biggrinbounce2:

I had a T-450 for 5 years and decided i wanted to be able to burn coal,so I swapped the T-450 with a Taylor T-500CB and it's now 2 years old!! I am very happy with the Taylor and there are alot of them in my area that are going on 10 to 20 years old!!! :clap:
I've spent a lot of time on here searching and reading and have learned a lot. At least enough to make some decisions and formulate a plan - and have a bunch of questions!

So I have a Taylor 450 thats about 90' from the house. I'll slide a heat exchanger into my existing air handler. I plan to keep my forced air propane as back up. A good old simple round Honewell thermostat contols the propane furnace right now. As I start to finalize things, here are my questions:

From what I've learned from here, I can install an aquastat at the OWB that will kick on the propane if the fire goes out and still utilize only one home thermostat. Question #1: what size/type wire needs to go from the aquastat to the thermostat (and which aquastat do you recommend)? I have the trench open and will start laying line as weather allows.

I think I want the pump to only run when the house thermostat calls for heat (right?). I plan to enlist the aid of a knowledgable HVAC person but want to know what I'm talking about. Question #2: Is the pump controlled by the house thermostat too then? Anyone thats done this have a basic schematic to accoplish this?

I'm tapping into my domestic hot water. From this site I realized I'll need a mixing valve for safety. Question #3: Is it installed on the outlet side of my electric hot water tank (which is feed by the OWB)? And I assume it has a cold water port for the mixing part, is the thing adjustable?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for any help.:cheers:

Back