News Flash - Firewood Prices Skyrocket!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a business person you seem to be lacking tolerance of criticism, hope you don't treat your customers this way...

Kiln-dried hardwoods??!? you got a kiln?? sounds like those are offcuts from the local lumber yard.

You sound like a "BBQ wood"/"used car" salesman, not a firewood guy. Anyone would have trouble heating their home at that price, might as well switch to coal, ha ha ha. But hey, if people are buying then you're flying!

Please don't take this personally, just my $0.02.

Take care and have a great day.

Yah Right ! "dont take criticism personally". When people tend to criticize/attack you, what do you do ?? Furthermore, who said I was a business person !! I don't have any diplomas in business management or in used car salesmanship and no they are not cutoffs. Is there any more negative remarks you would like to post before I close ?? Most of the consumers in the region uses our firewood for supplemental heating. Do you know what supplemental heating means ?? Do you want me to spell it for U ?? So who said anything : ...at that price.." that people use firewood entirely to heat their homes ?? Furthermore, there is no deceptive business practices here, so what part of that don't you understand. One more thing, don't take my attacks to you personally, just my 2 cents worth.

I'm new here but I have seen some of the way you treat your customers or potential customers. See below link. Some questions though what does it cost you to kiln dry your wood? How long does it take to kiln dry a cord of wood? Yes I do believe that this would be added value to some but most of us keep our wood stacked out side, and even though kiln drying would kill any and all bugs that are in the wood at the time of drying it does not stop bugs that are outside with the wood when it is stacked from crawling onto or into the wood. Other than killing off bugs and drying the wood what other values does kiln drying add to the wood?

http://www.firewoodcenter.com/discussionforum/ShowMessage.asp?ID=1696

Yah Right ! "dont take criticism personally". When people tend to criticize/attack you, what do you do ?? Furthermore, who said I was a business person !! I don't have any diplomas in business management or in used car salesmanship and no they are not cutoffs. Is there any more negative remarks you would like to post before I close ?? Most of the consumers in the region uses our firewood for supplemental heating. Do you know what supplemental heating means ?? Do you want me to spell it for U ?? So who said anything : ...at that price.." that people use firewood entirely to heat their homes ?? Furthermore, there is no deceptive business practices here, so what part of that don't you understand. One more thing, don't take my attacks to you personally, just my 2 cents worth.

OK firewood, no problem, I was just commenting on your defensiveness and my point seems to be proven by your response.

After Dan's post I see that this is your normal. Nice web site though, the dripping sarcasm, rudeness, and insecurity doesn't even show itself. Good business practice.

Good luck, you'd starve here.

OK firewood, no problem, I was just commenting on your defensiveness and my point seems to be proven by your response.

After Dan's post I see that this is your normal. Nice web site though, the dripping sarcasm, rudeness, and insecurity doesn't even show itself. Good business practice.

Good luck, you'd starve here.

everywhere he goes a schitt storm follows him, there was a 5 page thread on ********** that resulted in him getting banned..... lol

I'm new here but I have seen some of the way you treat your customers or potential customers. See below link. Some questions though what does it cost you to kiln dry your wood? How long does it take to kiln dry a cord of wood? Yes I do believe that this would be added value to some but most of us keep our wood stacked out side, and even though kiln drying would kill any and all bugs that are in the wood at the time of drying it does not stop bugs that are outside with the wood when it is stacked from crawling onto or into the wood. Other than killing off bugs and drying the wood what other values does kiln drying add to the wood?

The cost to kiln dry varies quite a bit from one drying process to another. Usually, it takes about 2 to 3 days in ideal conditions and I have seen it take up to 5 to 6 days. Whats real good about Kiln Drying, it is a treatment for bug, insect and diseased infestation and also a treatment for mold and mildew. Therefore, you can ship this firewood out of a quarantine area legally and its exceptable as a treatment by USDA/APHIS. The second most importance, is that you can take freshly cut (green) firewood and have it become well seasoned (low M/C) within a week, therefore you don't need to store large inventories of green processed firewood over the summer months to become seasoned. It been working well with us from switching from air dried firewood to Kiln Dried firewood back in the mid 90's. I guess the best value is, that the consumers like it better than Air Dried firewood. These are the facts, what I have concluded over the past 19 years., Of course, you may get different opinions from other dealers and consumers, too. I think the finish product and the performance of burning kiln dried firewood, speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Convenience stores around here sell bags of wood containing one third of that amount of wood for about $6.99. Just go's to show, You pay for Convenience... LOL

danlauer, You attached a link to a reply that I answered to Frank. You also stated " I have seen some of the way you treat your customers or potential customers" . I guess my question is to you now, what are you insinuating ?? or what do you mean by your post on how I treat customers and or protential customers answers?? Explain yourself

Last edited:
Sssshhhhhh....

be very very quiet, it's the sound of a troll being baited LOL
:ices_rofl:

Crikey, he's a cranky one...

Look, look, there 'e goes, he's got it...

What article? I read back through looking for an article to find out who you confused me with..... This is only my third post to this thread and I haven't posted any articles!!! But after reading through some of your posts I now understand why you have a bug up your a$$. Your business practices are a Bunch of BS...... There is no way in hell you are selling any firewood in NH for those prices to anybody except the occasional poor old lady who thinks your a nice boy........I am also betting by your attidued that you are not a native to the Vermont/New Hampshire area..... I would bet you are a transplant native Mass-hole.
Kiln dry in 3-6 days......can't even KD 1x4s in 6 weeks of time, and you are trying to con people into beleaving a piece of firewood can be done that soon!

Last edited:
Okay.... I will settle this;) IF YOU ARE CHARGING MORE THAN 225.00 per full cord anywhere is the country for seasond split and delivered.....I think you are screwing your customers. On the other hand, a cord of seasoned oak = 25.7 million btu. it takes 217 gal of #2 fuel oil to match that energy level and I fuel oil costs nearly 3.00 per gallon.

Come out west(Cali). . . $250/cord for oak is impossible to find. $350-400/cord is the norm (and it sells). $225 is for a cord of pine/mixed wood.

So, you didn't settle anything;)

Last edited:
awh....your post got deleated....so now you don't have to own up to anything....
Seeing as you didn't make any claims about being native to NH I guess it verifies that you are not..... maybe move to Mass......you will fit in better down there.
Thanks for the invite....can I bring a moisture meter with me for some random kiln dried firewood samples?

Last edited:
Come out west(Cali). . . $250/cord for oak is impossible to find. $350-400/cord is the norm (and it sells). $225 is for a cord of pine/mixed wood.

So, you didn't settle anything;)

I think that is reasonable considering that the wood needs to be trucked in in that area and wood would be used for decorative fires.....not to heat a home...... New Hampsire on the other hand firewood is cut local in large quantities and is often the primary heat source.

"Cali" is not a good location for price comparisions... I sold an entire jeep wrangler a few years ago to a guy in LA who needed the fuel injection system off of it because it was cheaper to buy the whole thing from me in Vermont and have it shipped to cali than it was to just buy the injection system at a local auto recycler.

The fact that an outfit in New Hampshire is selling wood for more than it can be had in California goes to show that they are sticking it to their customers.

Last edited:
I think that is reasonable considering that the wood needs to be trucked in in that area and wood would be used for decorative fires.....not to heat a home...... New Hampsire on the other hand firewood is cut local in large quantities and is often the primary heat source.

"Cali" is not a good location for price comparisions... I sold an entire jeep wrangler a few years ago to a guy in LA who needed the fuel injection system off of it because it was cheaper to buy the whole thing from me in Vermont and have it shipped to cali than it was to just buy the injection system at a local auto recycler.

The fact that an outfit in New Hampshire is selling wood for more than it can be had in California goes to show that they are sticking it to their customers.

I was merely killing your point. You said anywhere, not me. BTW, they are not trucking the oak into Cali, we have our own;)

Last edited:
I think that is reasonable considering that the wood needs to be trucked in in that area and wood would be used for decorative fires.....not to heat a home......

Not true. I live about 60 miles east of Los Angeles. Our woodstove has been burning for a few weeks now. Our lake (seven miles long and about a mile wide) freezes over during winter.

Most of our winter heat comes from wood - about half of which I cut here locally.

Here is a firewood outfit that is down the hill from me Homestead Firewood . Their prices are a little bit steep for the area but not way out of line.

Not true. I live about 60 miles east of Los Angeles. Our woodstove has been burning for a few weeks now. Our lake (seven miles long and about a mile wide) freezes over during winter.

Most of our winter heat comes from wood - about half of which I cut here locally.

Here is a firewood outfit that is down the hill from me Homestead Firewood . Their prices are a little bit steep for the area but not way out of line.

60 miles outside the city and this wood you linked to is nearly half the price of what was quoted for the area above... The only way to get close is to order straight oak which is still cheaper, but will always cost more because they have to sort it out. I would consider 60 miles.... trucking it in......a dump truck loaded with firewood running 60 miles is going to burn through 20-25 gallons of fuel out and back at whatever diesel cost there......customer would be paying for trucking.

Latest posts

Back