Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't recall ever seeing one. I guess its a make your own project if ya want a scabbard on a bow.

I guess the smartest thing to do if your not planning on using it right away, is just take it off and hang it on the wall. Or if you have a museum type set up like Mark has, :D just keep them UP on a shelf out of the way.

:cheers:
Gregg,

Yep that works, till you run out of shelves. I need more shelves. LOL

Its sure gonna be different without ya Steve. :( We are gonna miss having you and Dean with your big old two man saws etc. I want to try taking more pics etc. this year. Course I always say that and end up running around and running so many cool saws and forget to take pics.

Same here John. I have always looked forward to running Steve's 7700. I think its my favorite Poulan I have ever run. Well, that and his 8500 & 7700 back to back last year. :msp_thumbsup:

Gregg,

I think there maybe at least 1 two man saw there. At least there was talk of strapping on the trailer behind the box...

Its one that kind of sounds like 3 92cc Poulans running at the same time. LOL

Man this site is FUBARED! I can only get in here through Settings, I cannot even make it to the chainsaw forum!!

Yep, You got that right! :angry: Every time I try to get on...its a new challenge trying navigate AS. Sometimes I just get a blank page, or can't find it on this server message. One day some features work, others not. Gettin old real fast.

We'll represent the 2-mans one way or another. We may be stuck with a 60" bar though.

Chris B.

Chris, I have one log that is pretty wide, one where it went to a double stem, crotch. I'm pretty sure a 60" bar will handle it no problem. ;)

Gregg,

I don't know if you guys remember, but last year at the GTG, we failed to get a group picture. :msp_mad: I want to make sure we get one this year..hopefully with everyone holding a Poulan saw!!! LOL Preferably with everyone holding a GREEN saw...there isn't much confusion as to what brand of saw it is when its green. :D

Its tough to get everyone together for something like this, with the many miles that separate us. Some can make it one year and not the next. And life can play dirty tricks on us, some of us might not be around anymore or there might never be another Poulan GTG. One never knows. So it would be good to get a group pic every year.:msp_thumbup:

Gregg,

I bet you've got a muddy mess now!

LOL, I was back there Sat. afternoon checking it out. It really wasn't to bad back at the site, (considering how much rain we got) But, there was and is lot of water standing in the lane getting to it. I don't think it will be a problem as long as the sun shines and hopefully some breeze this week. (and it doesn't rain any more!) :laugh:

If anyone does get stuck, I'm sure we have enough 4 wheel drive pickups, and tractors to get unstuck. LOL

I had set up a new shelter last week. It did pretty well. Incredible amount of Hickory nuts, acorns & leaves came down, will clean up the site again this week. Will put up a couple smaller canopy's up this week, go get some tables from my brother. The port-a-john is suppose to come this week also.
Hopefully we will be in good shape by the weekend!

Gregg,

I don't know if you guys remember, but last year at the GTG, we failed to get a group picture. :msp_mad: I want to make sure we get one this year..hopefully with everyone holding a Poulan saw!!! LOL Preferably with everyone holding a GREEN saw...there isn't much confusion as to what brand of saw it is when its green. :D

Its tough to get everyone together for something like this, with the many miles that separate us. Some can make it one year and not the next. And life can play dirty tricks on us, some of us might not be around anymore or there might never be another Poulan GTG. One never knows. So it would be good to get a group pic every year.:msp_thumbup:

Gregg,

I probably have enough saws for everyone to pose with one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Would I be correct in assuming that if I take,

a 3700, change out the starter pulley with a 3400 pulley,

Change the flywheel on the 3700 to a 3400 flywheel and dogs,

That would work and I would get around trying to find a replacement 3700 starter pulley?

Would I be correct in assuming that if I take,

a 3700, change out the starter pulley with a 3400 pulley,

Change the flywheel on the 3700 to a 3400 flywheel and dogs,

That would work and I would get around trying to find a replacement 3700 starter pulley?

Work very well. No problem at all. You could also knock out the dogs and simply put in the 3400 dogs. Btw this is the first time I've been able to get on this site in over a week.
Bob

Work very well. No problem at all. You could also knock out the dogs and simply put in the 3400 dogs. Btw this is the first time I've been able to get on this site in over a week.
Bob

It seems you have to try something different every day to get on. as Mark indicated you have to go through the settings and subscribed threads (assuming you have those) to get on. I can only get on that way today using an e-mail notification and switch threads through settings.
I hope they get this fixed soon. I'm losing faith that that will happen a little more every day.
I haven't seen Roger on since that killer storm in Colorado and Wyoming. I hope he's not sitting in the cold without power.

Gregg,

I concur we for sure need to do that straight away this time.

First time I could get on here all day. Oh well off to the shop to get the rest of my saws loaded for the weekend. Running ahead for a change. :msp_biggrin:

Back