Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys.. I'll fit it up tonight and report back. I also found a couple feet of the Oregon Tygon fuel line. Excited to get the mastercraft 3400 together

It's the only grade labelled as "'may contain up to 10% ethanol" on the pumps. Some Shell stations here advertise as being "ethanol free". I do know you're more likely to encounter ethanol in New Brunswick as opposed to Nova Scotia

It's the only grade labelled as "'may contain up to 10% ethanol" on the pumps. Some Shell stations here advertise as being "ethanol free". I do know you're more likely to encounter ethanol in New Brunswick as opposed to Nova Scotia

Hmm, I have to do some research on US gasoline then. There's only one station near me with no ethanol.

00m0m_eE2IjymcUmj_600x450_zpsczjwxduo.jpg

I kinda sorta want this saw. It looks to be about 50 lbs though and is probably less than 60cc. Trying to focus only on the bigger cc saws

Listing for Ethanol Free gas stations. The ethanol free is mid grade or higher. Marinas are a good place to go.

Are you sure all mid grade and higher fuel contain no ethanol? That seems a bit hard to believe. If that was the case, why is everyone crying about ethanol in their chainsaws? All it would take is about 20 cents more to get ethanol free fuel.

Outstanding! There's marinas all around me. I'm surrounded by water.

Are you sure all mid grade and higher fuel contain no ethanol? That seems a bit hard to believe. If that was the case, why is everyone crying about ethanol in their chainsaws? All it would take is about 20 cents more to get ethanol free fuel.

I'm sure it varies by jurisdiction. Maybe investigate these stations and verify ..
http://www.buyrealgas.com/Maryland.html

They are good units, I find they have great balance. Is it a 1073 or 1074? a P25 or P26? They are all 51.4 cc.

I don't know yet. Just saw that listing. I'm debating whether I should send the seller an offer so hoped you guys could figure out the cc size first lol.

If it's 51 cc I'll pass on it.

For that era Pioneer, I'd look for an 1130 or 1200 ... They are 58cc, beasts. Best non countervibe saw I've used, next to my XL 76.

Find out for certain what model it is. If it's one of the 4 I mentioned, all 51.4 cc

For that era Pioneer, I'd look for an 1130 or 1200 ... They are 58cc, beasts. Best non countervibe saw I've used, next to my XL 76.

Find out for certain what model it is. If it's one of the 4 I mentioned, all 51.4 cc

Okay I'll find out the model number. Thanks

I was using the site below to find the non-e stations. Looks like the same one on both sites is listed as having no ethanol. That's probably my best bet unless I check the marinas near me.

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=MD

NO - Not ALL the mid and higher grades of gasoline are ethanol free . I was just saying that if it is ethanol free and marked as such it will be the higher grades.

NO - Not ALL the mid and higher grades of gasoline are ethanol free . I was just saying that if it is ethanol free and marked as such it will be the higher grades.

Got it now lol. Man you got me really excited. I don't really want to drive to the ethanol free station. It's in the opposite direction from where I normally drive. Anyway, not sure why I'm sweating this ethanol business. I only fill up 1 gal at a time and use it all within a month.

Too bad I'm slacking on the PP375. I'm going to do more bucking and splitting tomorrow. Would be nice to take it along and see how it compares to the Makita. I really need to buy the daggone fuel filter/line(s) and the carb kit already! At this rate I'll never have it running.

Latest posts

Back