Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished up the new to me 3.7 I have been looking for today. Only seen 3 of them so far online including this one. :baba:

This GB bar I have had hanging waiting for just the right saw seems to be a good fit IMO. o_O

Runs as good as you could expect a 60cc after tuning and test cuts. :cheers:

View attachment 429228
That is a nice saw. Is it a PP 365 clone, if I have my models correct?

I knew I wasn't crazy! I recall having a red powersharp craftsman that was a 3800. Now, has anyone actually compared a 3700 to a 3800 to see if there is really any performance differance or is it like the Coors beer hype back in the 70's , if you lived on the East Coast..

It only my opinion but I believe the 3700 is a stronger running saw. The two thin rings is going to have less friction and the compression seems to be about 25 psi higher on the 3700 over the 3800. I have both but I run a little shorter bar on the 3800 and I have modified the 3800's and 3700's that I have. I can get about 150 psi out of the 3800's and about 175 psi out of the 3700.

I knew I wasn't crazy! I recall having a red powersharp craftsman that was a 3800. Now, has anyone actually compared a 3700 to a 3800 to see if there is really any performance differance or is it like the Coors beer hype back in the 70's , if you lived on the East Coast..

And is there a difference in durability?

looking for couple clutch shoes for a poulan 361/401. my project only has 4 of the 6.
also may need a piston for the poulan 361. another member is checking to see if he has one but just in case i'm still looking
got the saw all cleaned up and ready to reassemble. just sayin

looking for couple clutch shoes for a poulan 361/401. my project only has 4 of the 6.
also may need a piston for the poulan 361. another member is checking to see if he has one but just in case i'm still looking
got the saw all cleaned up and ready to reassemble. just sayin

They only used 4 shoes..

Something is wrong as that saw is definetly not a 3.0.

Craftsman 3.0 - 3400 frame. Here is a copy paste of the Craftsman section of the Poulan "Model Date Control Index " from that generation. The 3.0 is the 9th one down in the list = 3.4 = 3400. The full file was posted on the forum by one of our fantastic regulars with in the past year. See attached.

upload_2015-6-9_4-42-14.png

Attachments

• Poulan+-+branded+Product+08-1991[1].pdf
    401 KB · Views: 7
Craftsman 3.0 - 3400 frame. Here is a copy paste of the Craftsman section of the Poulan "Model Date Control Index " from that generation. The 3.0 is the 9th one down in the list = 3.4 = 3400. The full file was posted on the forum by one of our fantastic regulars with in the past year. See attached.

View attachment 429544
need link

anniv and splitn 019.JPG anniv and splitn 021.JPG anniv and splitn 018.JPG Busy morning on the hottest day of the year:surprised3:. I was up very early this am. I had the boys rousted up and out back splitting with me by 6:30! Needless to say they were unhappy at best. At 16 and 17 I think they are far more interested in other pastimes these days;). Anyway I thought I'd share a pic or two of the pile we have been working on. Thanks to my little green saw collection. The micro is not in action yet but looked nice in the pic. I am not a regular poster but since finding this forum I've sure enjoyed reading about others who have chosen to use the Poulan's.

Back