Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys I am needing the four bolts that bolt the case to the motor on a PP295. Are the 4620 the same bolts? does anyone know where I can find any?

I just received my (correct) 1 1/2" by 1/16" rings from Otto Engine Works for my s25da on Friday. I stayed up late and finished off my barn find with some new goodies. This one was quite different than the 3400-4000 series saws to say the least. The compression feels robust without the base gasket and the sound and throttle response are sublime. I have not touched it down in wood yet. I can tell I will be wearing some anti-vibe gloves for this one if I plan on cutting with it for an extended period of time. Kind of makes you feel...alive. I like it.

Thanks to Nate for the starter grip handle and handle insert.:clap:

Poulan s25da (1).JPG Poulan s25da (2).JPG

Hey guys I am needing the four bolts that bolt the case to the motor on a PP295. Are the 4620 the same bolts? does anyone know where I can find any?

John,

They are the same screw for the 295 and the 4620. They are also used in some small Huskys under the same PN as the Poulans

M5, thread pitch .8 X 35 mm long.
Poulan PN is 530016037

530016037.JPG

You should be able to pick up cap screws and add a washer at a big box store or anywhere they carry metric fasteners or they are available on line as the Poulan PN

I just received my (correct) 1 1/2" by 1/16" rings from Otto Engine Works for my s25da on Friday. I stayed up late and finished off my barn find with some new goodies. This one was quite different than the 3400-4000 series saws to say the least. The compression feels robust without the base gasket and the sound and throttle response are sublime. I have not touched it down in wood yet. I can tell I will be wearing some anti-vibe gloves for this one if I plan on cutting with it for an extended period of time. Kind of makes you feel...alive. I like it.

Thanks to Nate for the starter grip handle and handle insert.:clap:

View attachment 429730 View attachment 429732
I may be buying from Otto's for my 361. if you don't mind, how much did they set you back? did you have to do any filing or was the gap good?

Well I maybe getting two Poulan 3700's (free) from a guy my son-inlaw works with. What the good, bad and ugly on the 3700. Said one needed rings, heard that before. The other has some tree damage. What's the cc's and ci on these?

Sent from my Prism II from T-Mobile, Steve

I don't normally post links to active eBay auctions JIC someone here is hoping for a "sleeper."

But something tells me that most of you have already seen this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381289197840?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

----------------------------------

My Craftsman 3.3 arrived yesterday. It's not quite as 'clean' as the photos indicated, and the safety chain needs some work, but it has very strong compression. Per the eBay ad the carb has been rebuilt and the new fuel lines installed; I'll need give it a better check over before I try to run it.

The good, great 61cc saws

The bad, starter pulleys are hard to come by. You can use a 4000 pulley on it if you can locate one of those. I swapped out a 3400 flywheel and starter pulley on one of mine. Works fine.

Most all other parts interchange with the 3400 except the P&C

Thanks for the info Fossil, I just hope nothing major is wrong. Can't wait to get them so I can pull the muffs and check compression. Carb kits shouldn't be a problem I hope. Have an old Poulan/ Stihl/ now Husky dealer near my work plus he's kin to my son-inlaw so maybe he can get or have a parts I may need.

Sent from my Prism II from T-Mobile, Steve

I think they all came with Walbro HDB carbs. The major kit is a K10 HDB and the gasket / diaphragm only kit is a D10-HDB. If the Husky dealer doesn't have them, they are available just abut everywhere they sell kits on line. The fuel line is 3/16" OD X 1/8" ID. In a pinch you can get by with 3/16" X 3/32" ID I've used both and there's no diff in the operation of the saw.

Pistons and cylinders are hard to come by. Hopefully one or both of the saws you get are OK there.

John,

They are the same screw for the 295 and the 4620. They are also used in some small Huskys under the same PN as the Poulans

M5, thread pitch .8 X 35 mm long.
Poulan PN is 530016037

View attachment 429764

You should be able to pick up cap screws and add a washer at a big box store or anywhere they carry metric fasteners or they are available on line as the Poulan PN

Tim, these bolts you posted look the the ones I pulled out of a 2175 and a 3416 and they did not fit in the 295. the 295 bolts are thinner I thought when I tried these bolts. I'm a little lost on what bolt to be looking for because of this.

Tim, these bolts you posted look the the ones I pulled out of a 2175 and a 3416 and they did not fit in the 295. the 295 bolts are thinner I thought when I tried these bolts. I'm a little lost on what bolt to be looking for because of this.

The IPL for the 2175 shows M6 bolts which would be too large in diameter to fit in the 295. Is that what you're finding?

This is like the 10th one I've had. Nice light little saws with pretty good grunt. I picked this one up for basically free. The guy could not figure out why he would put new starter gears on it and strip them after only a few pulls. Well go figure the bottom four case bolts are mussing and the motor is bouncing all over lol. I run a 16" lp set up on my other 295. The 2375 clutch and drum is a direct match and makes a nice light set up but the saw is getting tired while this freeby has a very nice looking p/c.

Latest posts

Back