Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are no trees where I live.

There are many trees where I live, mostly oak, quite a bit of yellow pine, and some pecan. Many of them date back to at least the 1950s, i.e. very large, with the oaks having large & dense crowns.

The problem is my neighbors in our subdivision don't appreciate having their trees cut down o_O :D.

Any idea where to find poulan 2000/2300/husqvarna oil seals????/530019059 is the part number i have says they are nla......

Back off track....
Check out the Wood heater behind Cantdog's Panel Saw. Man that thing looks cool.

What is that thing cantdog??

David

Back off track....
Check out the Wood heater behind Cantdog's Panel Saw. Man that thing looks cool.

What is that thing cantdog??

David

That is made in Quebec......it's called a "Free Flow".....very good heater....big door opening and will take 30" long stick....will keep my 36 X 60 posted 16' shop at 70 degrees all the long Maine winter on about 4 cord...give or take......I also burn off shop scraps in it....

1-13-13 Free Flow 001 006.JPG 1-13-13 Free Flow 001 003.JPG 1-13-13 Free Flow 001 005.JPG

That's a very nice wood heater, Robin.

I'd say I'm envious, but here on the south side of Houston it'd be about as useful as abstinence pamphlets in a maternity ward. We had frost on our roof maybe seven times max this past winter.

I think I'm going to get one of those. My arthritic hands aren't liking the maul anymore. I can only split for an hour or so before they start to swell up. I will pick up the 36" model. As you said most people seem to think they're really good units.
I picked up mostly white ash this year so far which splits well and is almost dry as is. I also got some of what I think is maple but I don't think it is. It's stringy as hell like elm and really tough to split. I had to noodle some 12" rounds as I could not get it to split.

You'll like this.
I was wearing what I call my designer jeans which have more holes in them than Swiss cheese. I was cutting a large round down to length with a 3700 and could feel something weird going on. It was windy and wet with ice pellets so I didn't give it much thought. The chips from the saw were entering my jeans at large horizontal rip at my knee. It filled up my boot and the bottom half of my jeans with chips.
I better get my chaps on next go around.

At least you weren't wear flip flops!

Looking for a little help/knowledge here fellas. Not to long ago I found what I thought were 3 NOS Poulan 5200 pistons in the upstairs of an small engine repair shop. Here is a picture of them, for some reason they were painted black.

20160422_132553_resized.jpg

Part number stamped on the inside is the same as a burned up NOS piston I have and everything else looks similar. I lightly sanded the black paint off of them and they cleaned up pretty good. I sent one to Stephen (Acornhill) as a trade for some parts but after looking at it side by side with an NOS one he has we aren't quite sure these are NOS and really aren't sure what the story is on them. They are old so they aren't like the reproduction ones on ebay. Here are a couple pics of his NOS one next to the one I sent him. Hopefully someone can help us out and shed some light on this.

Message951463663535757.jpg
Message951463663434092.jpg

Looking for a little help/knowledge here fellas. Not to long ago I found what I thought were 3 NOS Poulan 5200 pistons in the upstairs of an small engine repair shop. Here is a picture of them, for some reason they were painted black.

View attachment 503904

Part number stamped on the inside is the same as a burned up NOS piston I have and everything else looks similar. I lightly sanded the black paint off of them and they cleaned up pretty good. I sent one to Stephen (Acornhill) as a trade for some parts but after looking at it side by side with an NOS one he has we aren't quite sure these are NOS and really aren't sure what the story is on them. They are old so they aren't like the reproduction ones on ebay. Here are a couple pics of his NOS one next to the one I sent him. Hopefully someone can help us out and shed some light on this.

View attachment 503905
View attachment 503906
I would be willing to try it. If it fits go for it.

There were some reproduction pistons and some replated cylinders way back when. If I recall correctly, Gregg has one in one of his. I believe he said the piston ring pins were in the same place rather than rotated.

He may be along to confirm that or not.

The piston Nate has have the pins in the same place. My NOS piston has them staggered. The ones Nate has are not clean and have multiple defects in them. The top is somewhat mushroomed in on it.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Man I'll be glad when I get back home to Georgia Saturday night. Had to be in Atlanta last Friday, Nashville Tennessee on Tuesday and be in New Orleans today and tomorrow for GM training classes. Saturday will a good 8 hour drive or longer to get back home, the training is on crap I already know but don't have that dang certificate saying so for schools.

Steve

Back