Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone on here seen the 6900 on ebay....? Looks decent, i know it's gonna go outside my price range so u thought id let you guys know about it.
i am sure everyone that needed to know about the 6900 did, now everyone knows about it. Thank you for passing it on.

Wasnt trying to drive the price up....... i know if i were really looking for one id appreciate someone telling me. Guess i made a mistake

Wasnt trying to drive the price up....... i know if i were really looking for one id appreciate someone telling me. Guess i made a mistake
I am just messing with you, your 4000 cover is on eBay. Someone already purchased most of it already

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Im a pretty nervous guy anyway, so ive been waiting for a post i make that was innocent but totally dumb,then errybody thinks im a dumb @$$

There only chainsaws

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
that was good I took the bait

I showed your pic's of saws to my wife told her I don't have a saw problem she told me
I did my shop looks like crap . parts here and there in boxes
no dry wall and I need to use a broom
thanks see what you did

Got the first seal in! What a difference the SKF makes. It slid in with almost no effort compared to the stupid National/Timken. I didn't get it perfectly level. I can see a slight height difference between the two side. Maybe a mm or less. As long as I didn't turn the lip I don't see why it won't work. I drove it deeper than the factory seal to get it past where I scratched the crank, oops. I do need to come up with a sleeve for the pto side. A piece of tin can taped together isn't holding, the tape keeps coming loose. Someone needs to make a plastice one that is varible size to work on many different shaft sizes.

Got the first seal in! What a difference the SKF makes. It slid in with almost no effort compared to the stupid National/Timken. I didn't get it perfectly level. I can see a slight height difference between the two side. Maybe a mm or less. As long as I didn't turn the lip I don't see why it won't work. I drove it deeper than the factory seal to get it past where I scratched the crank, oops. I do need to come up with a sleeve for the pto side. A piece of tin can taped together isn't holding, the tape keeps coming loose. Someone needs to make a plastice one that is varible size to work on many different shaft sizes.

When there is a step in the crank I try a couple of approaches. You can directly wrap a couple of turns of electrical tape so they just cover the step. Grease up the seal/tape and carefully work the seal over the step. It should slide over without hanging up or potentially scraping the lip. Another method that seems to work is using a 1/2" sleeve of copper water pipe. Chamfer the ends of the pipe, work the greased seal onto one end, slide the pipe over the crank and up flush to the step. It should transition nicely and slide right over without rolling the lip. A large fender washer over the seal can help keep them flush when tapping them into place with a socket or such.

When there is a step in the crank I try a couple of approaches. You can directly wrap a couple of turns of electrical tape so they just cover the step. Grease up the seal/tape and carefully work the seal over the step. It should slide over without hanging up or potentially scraping the lip. Another method that seems to work is using a 1/2" sleeve of copper water pipe. Chamfer the ends of the pipe, work the greased seal onto one end, slide the pipe over the crank and up flush to the step. It should transition nicely and slide right over without rolling the lip. A large fender washer over the seal can help keep them flush when tapping them into place with a socket or such.
Like the idea of the fender washer. I bored out a half inch socket so the drive end fit over the crank. Provides a nice flat surface.

Latest posts

Back