Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's not Poulan or a saw, but I figured hey, we all like older stuff with motors right!? Picked up my first snow thrower yesterday, an older Ariens which I've wanted for a while. Not sure why, just think they are cool well built machines. Starter just needs the rope redone but it runs and works good. $100 but some of that I'm getting back because the guy had a Poulan 3300 that needs a little work so I'm gonna get that running right for him.

View attachment 540133 View attachment 540134 View attachment 540136 View attachment 540137

Very nice Nate! It is a small world. I have the 4hp version which looks real close to yours. They are strong runners Never had any problems with it other than braking a shear pin hogging it in 18 inches of snow - 2010 blizzard that came up through PA. Parts are nowhere to be found so I made a new one... There should be a model and serial # stamped in the back on the frame just above where the gear changer goes in. The metal tag on the engine is only the engine model and serial #.

I have the 1969-78 parts and repair manual. If you ever need anything PM me and I'll do what I can to get you the info. If you give me the model and serial number I can tell you the year manufactured. :)

Not sure what thread it was on but here is the oil cotter pin repair kit
42f5a3d0d2a0f96c03176fe9e1ced399.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I have 2 blowers one is a backup, im screwed if one breaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can you just make your own quick adjust bar by dremeling a notch in the bar to tighten the chain with? or bad idea?

can you just make your own quick adjust bar by dremeling a notch in the bar to tighten the chain with? or bad idea?

Can you elaborate?

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7 x2
Husqvarna 36

I know my 1073 does not have a tensioner pin. Only the 2073 came equipped with a spring loaded mechanism. One has to manually tension the bar on the 1073 by pulling it forward. The thought of levering the bar somehow and taking the slack up in the chain crossed my mind. Perhaps not what you were getting at though.

how many of us actually restore saws? i mean take them down to split cases and rebuild them? i actually do not, i have repaired them from that level and prettied them up a good bit but never taken them down all the way, My sand cast saws i have had several all the way apart though.

One of our good friends worked at the resort hotel in Gatlinburg that was burned down, She was currently working there, Our prayers go out to all involved in this loss of property during the holidays. I hope the rains helped contain the fires.

I have never had to take one all the way down . Carb kits and seals . One intake gasket .
I would love to learn how But the local community college no longer has a class on 2 strokes

One of our good friends worked at the resort hotel in Gatlinburg that was burned down, She was currently working there, Our prayers go out to all involved in this loss of property during the holidays. I hope the rains helped contain the fires.

A like on a post can look funny sometimes. My "like" was for the thoughts, prayers, rain and containment.

how many of us actually restore saws? i mean take them down to split cases and rebuild them? i actually do not, i have repaired them from that level and prettied them up a good bit but never taken them down all the way, My sand cast saws i have had several all the way apart though.
I nominate you to teach a class .
Grab a hand full of 3400 from your stash and the parts to refurbish oh and the paint . We know you even have the paint. Everyone put in some cash and you can than sell them off after.
Win Win for us all. The next lesson we can bring our own 5020's and do a clam shell as well ( we can still get parts for this model )
This works for me .

Latest posts

Back