Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a horse of a saw, i hope i can trip over one someday, i was talking to @Modifiedmark about imagining if they made a countervibe like that in the 7 cubic inch range, now that would be something to behold

Seems like I've seen that saw somewhere Tim!!!

Mike

MIKE! It's great to hear from you!

I actually picked it up about an hour west of me from a guy that bought it a several years ago, second hand, to cut a few big trees. He said he could hardly give it away. It was one of the American models that made it into Canada. The ones here (and I've only seen a pic of one) are orange and black. I will need to get some decals for it at some point.

I hope your keeping well things are working out well for you.

Despite my practice talking American, you guys still laugh at me. I need more lessons.

So i got to wondering, i know the 5200 is 85ccs and the 8500 is 85ccs, is there really any noticeable difference in power, i mean does the 8500 have better porting or anything to make it perform better or more power than a 5200?

I knew some of the outside was upgraded, but was unsure about the engine itself. So in a perfect world one wouldnt notice a difference between the two.

IMG_0295.JPG Guys I'm having difficulty with the idle on my 245A. Could be carb or seals. Checking seals and the clutch side is ok. On the attached pic is that the seal behind the points or is it deeper? If it is it isn't leaking but can't build up any pressure.

View attachment 542325 Guys I'm having difficulty with the idle on my 245A. Could be carb or seals. Checking seals and the clutch side is ok. On the attached pic is that the seal behind the points or is it deeper? If it is it isn't leaking but can't build up any pressure.
Yes Bob, that's the seal. Make sure you have the oiler cover screws in the crankcase when testing those.

Latest posts

Back